Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which is better? Wii U, PS4 or ONE
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wii U
52.17%
12 52.17%
PS4
47.83%
11 47.83%
XBOX ONE
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which is better Wii U, PS4 or ONE?
What do you think has a lot of potential of all the three? Wii U, PS4 or XBOX ONE?
Wii-U, because there's a freaking screen on the controller. When Nintendo starts releasing the games, It'll be a lot better. The PS4 just looks like an updated PS3, and the XBone (Can I still call it that since they've fixed a lot of bad stuff? Eh, whatever.) is just the same console with a new controller. Nintendo is the only one who changes stuff up.
The Nintendo Wii U has the potential of going places. It's just that they need to get their act together and, you know ... Deliver games outside of the usual suspects.

The Xbox 180 needs to do a whole lot more than just get rid of DRM and used games restrictions ... Right now, it's still a horrible, horrible machine.

The Playstation 4 currently is the better of the 3, with a wide variety of games on a system delivering on all fronts whilst keeping their eye on both consumers as devs.
Where's my OUYA option? I wanna vote on an even worse console than all three of these.

(06-21-2013, 05:34 AM)ThisGuyInTheSuit Wrote: XBone (Can I still call it that since they've fixed a lot of bad stuff? Eh, whatever.)

It will be the Xbone forever.
Can we please not spread the console wars to this small country of the internet?
Since I will not be in the 8th generation of consoles (only getting a Wii U to play some platformers before stopping new gaming from 2014) and I believe the console wars to be silly since I try to get more than one in a generation if I can afford it [e.g. have both a Mega Drive and a SNES, a PS1 and a N64, all of the 6th generation, a PS3 and a Wii] so instead I give a more neutral view on what they can do to improve themselves:

The Wii U does have some potential but it has to do an awful lot before it even becomes even a chance of success. If Nintendo can bring out games and I mean more than just their main series on toast plus having more 3rd party support than just Ubisoft, Activision and Warner Bros [also Platinum Games and Sega if they count] then the Wii U will be okay. For the Japanese market, a good 3rd party RPG is what they need to sell the thing, maybe a Persona game? Also they need more advertising, the last advert I saw was when the console came out and I bet people aren't even aware of the console. Technically, it is the weakest of the 3 but has better power consumption so for electric bills it is smaller and the Gamepad is handy if people want to watch TV and you still want to play your game.

I still think the Wii U is going to be distant 3rd place Gamecube levels in the UK all over again (the US is a different story due to more Nintendo fans there). To put things into perspective, the Gamecube was getting hard to find games after 2 years it came out since Game refused to sell games for it and by 2005 it was more or less dead, even the Xbox that was dying still had games with Forza being the last big game before MS switched to 360. I didn't see the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess at all or indeed any of the last Gamecube games and the Gamecube had better 3rd party support than the Wii U. Currently for the Wii U, only Game, HMV, Grainger Games, Morrisons Supermarket [console only], Argos and your usual online stores [Amazon, ShopTo, Zavvi] are selling it with a very limited game stock. Other places that sell games and consoles aren't selling it, I haven't seen it in my local Tesco, ASDA or Sainsburys supermarkets at all [and they are the big ones]. ASDA and Tesco even sells consoles and games for the Vita, the Vita of all consoles that itself is just as unpopular as the Wii U. Whether Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Wii U, Pikmin 3, Mario & Sonic Sochi Winter Olympics, Sonic Lost World and Wind Waker HD changes things will be another thing since they are all coming out later this year.

If the Wii U flops, I can see Nintendo sticking to the handheld market where they are the best at doing.

PS4 is going to be really successful in Europe like all of the Sony consoles before it [except Vita and maybe PSP] as well as Japan but neck and neck in America, will get the indie and the smaller Japanese developers unlike the Xbone and is the most powerful console of the three. However with Sony, they can change their minds very quickily and in terms of the UK fanbase very fickle [I often see people saying that they are going to the 360 when SCEE do something wrong]. The only thing Sony needs to sort out is their digital download releases on PSN to make it more global and less unusual European delays, apart from that yeah I can see the PS4 doing well unless Sony do something stupid.

As for the Xbone, the COD/FIFA/Madden crowd, American sports fans as well as the diehard Xbox fans will still buy it but the trust has for many people have more or less gone so Microsoft have to do a lot of things to get the trust back however the way they have been acting lately... Who is it to say that MS might put their awful policies back in when it starts being successful via a firmware update? Even then with the focus on Kinect would also put people off (even though the Kinect can be useful on non-gaming stuff and there is potiential, just not for someone who plays games or indeed people in general). Not just because of the spying thing but also the space since you need to be at least 2 metres away from the console. What about little flats and apartments? Actually if it doesn't work properly in small flats [e.g. my bedroom is just about 2 metres], it might be a good thing if the snooping camera doesn't work unless it is a webcam...

For MS though, they do have the 3rd party support than the Wii U lacks though. All they have to do now is have the Kinect optional, lower the price of the console and stick towards having a consumer view instead of going back to the planned greedy ways.

Then again the PC might be even more popular than the 3 consoles with that VR headset support and many people are buying games from Steam and GOG.

(06-21-2013, 05:55 AM)Lightmatt Wrote: Where's my OUYA option? I wanna vote on an even worse console than all three of these.

I wonder whether that or the Game Stick will be the worst out of the two.
(06-21-2013, 07:32 AM)Yawackhary Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 05:55 AM)Lightmatt Wrote: Where's my OUYA option? I wanna vote on an even worse console than all three of these.

I wonder whether that or the Game Stick will be the worst out of the two.

Well, I've been reading a SA thread where some of the backers are going nuts over how bad the system is and pretty much tearing the thing apart hardware-wise.

And after watching Giant Bomb try one of the latest builds. (Like second to retail version from what I'm reading)
And after showcasing the controller [Image: EtI3Ebj.gif]
(06-21-2013, 06:38 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Can we please not spread the console wars to this small country of the internet?

NEVER!
[Image: The_Octuplets_Fight.gif]
Nintendo is my favorite company and I have owned each console (excluding handhelds) since Gamecube, so I obviously pick Wii U first, PS4 second and no other consoles are even worth mentioning as third.
I have high hopes for the Wii U even if I won't be getting one myself, as there are already games like Pikmin 3 that are going to be on it.
I was never into the PS or XBox so I can't care about those. regardless idk much about the PS but one of the main things I heard was lack of backwards compatibility which while I understand would make it more expensive but would kind of make it just be an extra console unless it gets a LOT of good exclusive games.
I don't think I need to state feelings on XBox. :P
but in straightforward terms, essentially it seems like it will be lots of hassle.
Only one of the systems are currently out.

I just want to play video games.
I'm not a big knowledge source on specs, but I think in power PS4 will probably top the X Box One.
But potentially, gameplay wise?
The Wii U.

I mean you can tell me it's not as powerful as the Microsoft and Sony rivals, but having an interactive screen combined with a TV screen?
Being able to swap (certain) games in between?

That's the way of the future, man.

That's not saying it's going to be employed properly, but still.
PS4ever lololol #I'msocleverandoriginal
Well two of the options don't exist yet...
It all depends. It terms of most powerful, probably PS4, in terms of easiest to create games for, probably the Wii U, in terms of everything but gaming, Xbox One.

This gen is pretty difficult to try to create an understanding of what is going to happen. Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are all trying to get the same market this time, and they're each doing it in different ways, so it's pretty difficult to say what'll happen.

From what I can assume, Nintendo will probably be bringing back a lot of their old IP's. Hopefully F-Zero and obscure games like Kuru Kuru Kururin for both the 3DS and Wii U, this will probably boost their sales in different ways.

Sony will probably be bringing out a lot of new IP's as they did last gen, and probably will be getting the better of the multiplatforms similar to how Xbox 360 did. I also see Sony having another big game similar to Uncharted on their console.

Xbox One will probably retain last place like last time, I think the first party will probably expand, and they might want to bring back old IP's that Rare, as well as Microsoft own and people want. Of course, we're still going to see Halo, Gears, Forza and hopefully Alan Wake coming out constantly, so there will be no change there.

Overall, it's really hard to say. It's all about the games, and right now. Wii U is the best alternative., followed by PS4 then One. Give it 5 years and we can decide then.

(06-21-2013, 03:58 PM)Dutchtica Wrote: I'm not a big knowledge source on specs, but I think in power PS4 will probably top the X Box One.
But potentially, gameplay wise?
The Wii U.

I mean you can tell me it's not as powerful as the Microsoft and Sony rivals, but having an interactive screen combined with a TV screen?
Being able to swap (certain) games in between?

That's the way of the future, man.

That's not saying it's going to be employed properly, but still.

I just hope Wii U gets a new Fallout. That screen could speed up gameplay, and act as the Pip Boy. I'd love the radio to come out of the game pad, and I'd love it for the game pad to be used as a portable device while I play Fallout.