Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Books, authors, and reading.
Do you like to read books?
What are some of your favorites?
Who are your favorite authors?
Are you currently reading anything?

I love to read. My favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk. I'll list favorite books later (there's a lot). I'm currently reading "World War Z" before I go see the movie. From what i've seen in the previews, the movie looks completely different than the book :(
I'm boring and my favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
(06-26-2013, 11:23 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: I'm boring and my favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.

Oddly enough, I'm from the town the author framed her book after.
I don't really like books, but when I do read it's usually informational stuff about science, history, things like that with pictures.
(06-26-2013, 11:23 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: I'm boring and my favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.

There is nothing boring about that! That is a very important book.
I love reading! Just, I'm re-he-heally picky about what. You might ask "what do you like to read" and then I'd be all like: "I dunno ... stuff ... and things." I kinda wanna buy a Jack Reacher novel next and see what that's like.
I love reading !

I've recently taken to chosing a random book and reading it - you get to discover things you wouldn't think would interest you.

I'm currently reading a novel about this French kid in the 50s who goes to study in an American university for a year.

Something I would recommend is audiobooks - I can't say how many times I've listened to the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit whilst going about my daily life. Got a commute ? Put a book in your ears and everyone's a winner.
(06-26-2013, 01:51 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: I'm currently reading a novel about this French kid in the 50s who goes to study in an American university for a year.

Van Wilder: The French Connection?

Anyways, I forgot to say which book I'm currently reading. Reading the Inheritance Cycle again. It's an easy read, and I like to read it when I just wanna read something.
(06-26-2013, 01:51 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Something I would recommend is audiobooks

I might need to do this, I will probably like it much better than just reading.
I still have 1984 which I found a few months ago, I should really get to reading that.

Last book I read was In The Time of the Butterflies, which was a pretty good read with different narratives and some great writing. It even made me interested enough to go Google Trujilio and everything that was going on in the Dominican Republic.
I read loads. Favourite author is probably Terry Prathett seeing as I own ... well all of Discworld.
No.
Ender's Game and by extension Ender's Shadow.
Tolkien.
No.
I read some Ender's Game and it was alright. The one who wrote it certainly is...interesting to say the least. I'm glad some of his beliefs and a few stuff he's vocal about weren't incorporated into his books.
(06-26-2013, 03:23 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: I read some Ender's Game and it was alright. The one who wrote it certainly is...interesting to say the least. I'm glad some of his beliefs and a few stuff he's vocal about weren't incorporated into his books.

like what?
(06-26-2013, 03:43 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 03:23 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: I read some Ender's Game and it was alright. The one who wrote it certainly is...interesting to say the least. I'm glad some of his beliefs and a few stuff he's vocal about weren't incorporated into his books.

like what?

Like how strongly he is against homosexuality and how people who are gay should be punished by law, while also being part of the National Organization for Marriage.