Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
End of Professor layton?
Well this is it folks, the last game in the layton series is coming next year. Its sad to see that this is his last role in the layton games. I wonder what happens after the last prequel's game.

Already the games are great with unwound future being the best of the trilogy. I wonder if Arzan legacies will be the best prequel of the prequel trilogy.

Inspector Chelmey, Barton, Professor Layton, Luke, Don Pablo.....Memories.
Just think of it like this, if a series drags on for too long it will inevitably suck. Prime example,
The king himself
[Image: 1858303-always_bet_on_duke.jpg]
(07-15-2013, 02:03 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Just think of it like this, if a series drags on for too long it will inevitably suck. Prime example,
The king himself

What about Mario, Kirby, Metroid, Starfox, Sonic and all of those endless characters that still keep showing up? Do they suck now? No. Because they all have something new added so that I doesn't look the same.

I've never seen any game like the Professor Layton series that has a combination of puzzles and stories together in a way that you like both the aspects.

But then again you're probably right on Layton series though. I guess we can say we can hope for a professor layton animated series.

I don't know why no one here is giving any importance to the Professor layton series.
I just wish they'd port the Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton game...

Btw. I liked Duke Nukem Forever.
(07-15-2013, 05:00 AM)Artwark Wrote:
(07-15-2013, 02:03 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Just think of it like this, if a series drags on for too long it will inevitably suck. Prime example,
The king himself

What about Mario, Kirby, Metroid, Starfox, Sonic and all of those endless characters that still keep showing up? Do they suck now? No. Because they all have something new added so that I doesn't look the same.

I've never seen any game like the Professor Layton series that has a combination of puzzles and stories together in a way that you like both the aspects.

But then again you're probably right on Layton series though. I guess we can say we can hope for a professor layton animated series.

I don't know why no one here is giving any importance to the Professor layton series.
Its not so much that. Its that whenever someone starts one of these forums, they're usually pretty emotional about the matter and for some people that can make things rather unpleasant. As for MKS&S, Mario is a mascot to be used as an outlet for new ideas so he constantly is doing something new, Metroid other M, Starfox Dino Planet, Sonic 06 and a few others, I don't really know one with Kirby.
It could be done to last a long time but its already kind of narrowed itself down to a single path. I'd love to see a series though. I forget the name, but there was this kid detective anime I used to love back in the day.
(07-15-2013, 08:03 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I just wish they'd port the Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton game...

Btw. I liked Duke Nukem Forever.

Opinions... opinions, but...

Ok, sorry, had to.
Professor Layton is one of my favorite series, simply for it's unique storytelling and characters. I'll really miss it IF Azran Legacy will truly be the last game. However, Level 5's president wants to make more Layton games.
I need to say that I only played almost one game of the Layton series the whole way through so far and it was surprisingly addicting to me. It really impresses me how it manage to grab me so hard in it's gameplay.
@Sohakmet: I uh... I don't get it.

(07-15-2013, 04:29 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I forget the name, but there was this kid detective anime I used to love back in the day.

Detective Conan?
CASE CLOSED!!!!!!
Well if there's gonna be a new layton game, I want the character to have a new relationship with another seeing that Claire was the only one he had.
(07-16-2013, 06:28 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: @Sohakmet: I uh... I don't get it.

Just making fun of those kind of situations where someone has an opinion and the other just comes in thinking it's completely unnaceptable. I don't really mind you liking Duke Nukem Forever, though, you have your opinion =P
Eh, I was just giving an example. Its kinda hard to go with what one deems good or bad as its all opinion, so I figured I'd just go with what I have generally heard negative things about.
This reminds me of a puzzle...