Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic lost world
Sonic new adventure is coming out on october 22nd. For those who aren't aware of this see here
I just want Sonic Generations 2. I mean, why is that such a hard idea to get across SEGA? At least this is a WiiU game because then the Xbox ONE and PS4 may get an actual Sonic games. Sonic Colo(u)rs was great...but the jellyfish I just took away from what could've been a better experience.
After watching this new trailer do I now now care about it since it's Sonic Colo(u)rs 2 with the annoying powerups.
(07-17-2013, 07:34 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I just want Sonic Generations 2. I mean, why is that such a hard idea to get across SEGA? At least this is a WiiU game because then the Xbox ONE and PS4 may get an actual Sonic games. Sonic Colo(u)rs was great...but the jellyfish I just took away from what could've been a better experience.
After watching this new trailer do I now now care about it since it's Sonic Colo(u)rs 2 with the annoying powerups.

Dude then It would just be sonic doing the same thing again. Have you played New super mario bros series? It would have just ended like that. Same recycled characters but variety of levels(Even though they were still fun).
Yeah Sonic Generations was good, but making a sequel I'm afraid it'd be New Mario Bros all over again.

Lost World actually looks pretty fun.

Also:

I got an oppertunity to buy Lost Rings / & The Black Knight for a relatively cheap deal.
Are they bad?
They ... They looked kinda fun..
(07-17-2013, 07:34 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I just want Sonic Generations 2. I mean, why is that such a hard idea to get across SEGA? At least this is a WiiU game because then the Xbox ONE and PS4 may get an actual Sonic games. Sonic Colo(u)rs was great...but the jellyfish I just took away from what could've been a better experience.

Same here, I actually really liked Sonic Generations and I am not even a huge superfan of Sonic.
(07-17-2013, 12:11 PM)Artwark Wrote:

Dude then It would just be sonic doing the same thing again. Have you played New super mario bros series? It would have just ended like that. Same recycled characters but variety of levels(Even though they were still fun).

...and yet, people still buy it. Sonic Generations was everything that I was hoping SEGA would do. They made a game that had two different playstyles but stayed within the Sonic Universe without swords, guns, jellyfish or ....werehogs(WTF). Playing to the strengths of the series with no gimmicks. I'm not asking for a direct sequel to Sonic Generations but a game that doesn't feel like an insult to the franchise.

I saw Lost Worlds and while I'm not that excited since it's modern Sonic without the fun speed, I can still see myself playing it. Then this trailer comes out with the annoying/game-interrupting jellyfish mechanics(gimmicks) and I couldn't care. It's on the Wii so it'll be forgotten about while the Xbone and PS4 get the actual Sonic games. Meh, WiiU.

(07-17-2013, 04:05 PM)Dutchtica Wrote: Yeah Sonic Generations was good, but making a sequel I'm afraid it'd be New Mario Bros all over again.

Lost World actually looks pretty fun.

Also:

I got an oppertunity to buy Lost Rings / & The Black Knight for a relatively cheap deal.
Are they bad?

The Lost Rings was good for the Wii (FOR THE WII) because it was a decentish Sonic game. Compared to Generations and (day stages) of Unleashed, it's meh at best. Plus, annoying Wii remote controls telling you to thrust the controller forward.

I try my hardest to forget about Sonic and The Black Knight. I played it and couldn't stand how...alien and embarrassing it felt.
I think we can all agree that the best option would be Sonic Adventure 3--using Sonic Generations mechanics.
Im with lazlo i want SA3 :L
Ok I'm now hyped on this one right now. I just hope its cheesy like colors!!!
I too want a sequel to Generations(heck, I didn't even finish the game yet). Although, what I am seeing so far is good. There seems to be alot of attention for the character Zeena. I guess it means its another eye candy character to add to the sonic series.
(07-17-2013, 04:05 PM)Dutchtica Wrote: I got an oppertunity to buy Lost Rings / & The Black Knight for a relatively cheap deal.
Are they bad?

It really depends. Secret Rings has some weird control choices. You hold the wii-mote sideways and tilt it left and right to turn sonic, who's pretty much always moving forward unless you hit the brakes. If you can get behind the controls it's a decent experience and the music is what you'd expect.

Black Knight put's a lot of emphasis on the sword combat and as a result can feel a bit slower, though the controls are better. This game is also ridiculously easy. But it has IMO the best final boss theme in the franchise

Both games were okay experiences at the time but nothing really special. You can find worse things to spend your money on
Alright I'm gonna be honest, This game has got me really hyped and I'm seriously looking forward to it!

Looks like this game will save Nintendo's Wii U problem after all!
(09-26-2013, 03:33 AM)Artwark Wrote: Alright I'm gonna be honest, This game has got me really hyped and I'm seriously looking forward to it!

Looks like this game will save Nintendo's Wii U problem after all!

Doubt it. What with the Xbox ONE and PS4 being release only a mere 3-4 weeks later, it's not going to get the attention it deserves.
Looks like they are giving sonic some of his moves like he had in Sonic CD.
I actually really liked Big. Sure he was annoying, but in a peaceful giant kind of way.
I played this at Eurogamer. I'll give some insight.

The game play is kind of odd. The stage feels very small, and linear. It's basically just a long cylider tube, that goes from one area to the other. For a 3DS game, that's interesting, but for a Wii U game, it seems kind of lazy.

Although, there was an interesting 2D/3D switch world, where it would be 3D, then the camera would change to a 2D side scrolling perspective. Although, the background itself looked horrible. You know how glorious sonic stage backgrounds are? Well this was just a picture of some cakes on top of each other (although, now that I think about it, it may have been a special stage, and those stages always had odd backgrounds...)

The Gameplay feels...eh. It's not good, but it's not bad. Mostly because all I did was run straight forward the entire time, which is actually really annoying because you have freemovement, but you're limited to moving in one direction, and only have one way to go, also I fell of the world map once because of how odd it was. I was running straight for like 20 seconds, then suddenly a sharp right got me, and I died.

You can run up trees and stuff, and more parkour-y things I never saw, but was told about.

There's not much else to say. It's one of those games like the Wonderful 101, you like it the more you play it, and first impressions were not that great. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get a good review by many people.

I don't know though, it could've been that one level, could've been a lot of things.

For now, I'd say get it, if you're a sonic fan because you'll probably love it, but I wouldn't buy a Wii U or 3DS over it.
(09-28-2013, 04:29 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I played this at Eurogamer. I'll give some insight.

The game play is kind of odd. The stage feels very small, and linear. It's basically just a long cylider tube, that goes from one area to the other. For a 3DS game, that's interesting, but for a Wii U game, it seems kind of lazy.

Although, there was an interesting 2D/3D switch world, where it would be 3D, then the camera would change to a 2D side scrolling perspective. Although, the background itself looked horrible. You know how glorious sonic stage backgrounds are? Well this was just a picture of some cakes on top of each other (although, now that I think about it, it may have been a special stage, and those stages always had odd backgrounds...)

The Gameplay feels...eh. It's not good, but it's not bad. Mostly because all I did was run straight forward the entire time, which is actually really annoying because you have freemovement, but you're limited to moving in one direction, and only have one way to go, also I fell of the world map once because of how odd it was. I was running straight for like 20 seconds, then suddenly a sharp right got me, and I died.

You can run up trees and stuff, and more parkour-y things I never saw, but was told about.

There's not much else to say. It's one of those games like the Wonderful 101, you like it the more you play it, and first impressions were not that great. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get a good review by many people.

I don't know though, it could've been that one level, could've been a lot of things.

For now, I'd say get it, if you're a sonic fan because you'll probably love it, but I wouldn't buy a Wii U or 3DS over it.

I get you. Its like Dark moon. It didn't feel like the original at first but then it turns out to be fun in its own way.
(09-28-2013, 04:29 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I played this at Eurogamer. I'll give some insight.

Just a shame it uses those gameplay halting jellyfish. SEGA, why?
I just want a Sonic game like Sonic Adventure. SA did the transition from 2D to 3D PERFECTLY... With Sonic, Tails and Knuckles that is.

I just want a free roaming Sonic game that plays like Sonic Adventure 1 (Not SA2). Maybe a Sonic 06 Done Right at least?
They still haven't announced the next sonic game for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U, wow SEGA, wow.....
Lets be honest. If they just include a better Chao Garden then what was in the adventure games, we'll all be happy.
(10-03-2013, 06:23 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Lets be honest. If they just include a better Chao Garden then what was in the adventure games, we'll all be happy.

The man is right, the man is right!
(10-03-2013, 06:23 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Lets be honest. If they just include a better Chao Garden then what was in the adventure games, we'll all be happy.

I just want a Chao Garden, period!
Has there been any comparisons between both 3DS and the Wii U versions of the game? Sort of at the coin tosser on what to get here.
According to the Famitisu magazine, the ratings of Lost world are....

Wii U version 36/40

3DS version 34/40

Soo gonna get this on 3DS!!!!
After seeing the reviews, I don't know whether to be excited about it or not anymore.

Instead I'm planning to get Starfox with this game as well on 3DS.
Has anyone gotten Lost World? I know its not released yet here but in Europe its finally out so has anyone there gotten the game either in 3DS or Wii U and played it yet?
This game is really underrated.....why?
Sonic's history. A lot of people just expect the same and frankly, I haven't seen much outside of coverage for it, and that was event coverage. They aren't doing a great job getting the game out there.
(10-17-2013, 02:23 AM)Artwark Wrote: According to the Famitisu magazine, the ratings of Lost world are....

Wii U version 36/40

3DS version 34/40

Soo gonna get this on 3DS!!!!

Yeah but Famitsu are [expletive deleted]. They gave Jojos Bizarre Adventure Fighting Game 40/40. They aren't credible in the slightest.

Also, try not to double post.

or Triple post

Or Quadruple post.
Thanks.