Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tony Hawk.
So, did anyone here play Tony Hawk games growing up, or still do? They were around since the Playstation and were seen on pretty much every console since then.

I started with Pro Skater 4, and I thought it was brilliant, it's simple to pick up, but very hard to master. I'm pretty good, I can get around 100,000 points from simple tricks, all connected by manuals, and grinds.

I recently started emulating Tony Hawk 2, and getting through that now. I'll play 1 later, but for now I want to see the differences between Pro Skater 4, and 2. It's pretty fun, but it's missing a lot of it's mechanics (Spine Transfers, Leaving the board)

So, did anyone here play it?

Also, best ost coming through.
First one I played was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on the N64. I beat it several times.

I also owned Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 on the Playstation. They both were really great games. I think the later games focused too much on story and stuff, while the early pro skater games were just all about the skating.

But they really did pave the way for many more extreme sports games after that, like Pro Surfer, Dave Mirra BMX, Aggressive Inline and the much more realistic Skate series. But those games made me want to start skateboarding. Through skateboarding, I got introduced to aggressive inline skating, and it's been my passion for the past few years. So, I guess, in a way, Tony Hawk Pro Skater changed my life.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 on the PS2 was amazing, I played that stuff for hours. The mechanics were great, the levels were awesome and the soundtrack was just badass. Plus it had a level creator and really fun multiplayer. Oh yeah, and that was one of the games I remember printing out cheat codes for.

Also, a while ago a friend of my dad's was getting rid of a bunch of his games and he grabbed a few, so now I have a copy of Pro Skater 3 for both the PS2 and Gamecube. Does anyone want my Gamecube copy?
(07-22-2013, 12:38 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Also, a while ago a friend of my dad's was getting rid of a bunch of his games and he grabbed a few, so now I have a copy of Pro Skater 3 for both the PS2 and Gamecube. Does anyone want my Gamecube copy?
[Image: 145861-1.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR69Hb1CNBOn0y5FP7llU4...OBzpYq4yOE]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZBfCgFP3l93UNMcDcMjI..._CdTzx7Ukq]
I think Cosmyk wants it, but I'm not sure....
^

Nah, bro. He just posted some images.

Send it over here.
Ok, if anyone seriously wants me to send it to them, send me a PM with a number between 1 and 43 and I'll ship it off to whoever juggles the most cranberry sauce jars in the alloted time frame, aight?
The first Tony Hawk game I ever got was Tony Hawk's Skateboarding, which is a slightly altered version of the original game released in Australia, New Zealand and some parts in Europe, which apparently means Finland.

After playing through that game oh, so many times I moved on to Pro Skater 2 (never had it but played it at a friend's house), to a (pirated) copy of Pro Skater 3 for PS (I liked 2 better) and eventually a full copy of THPS4 for PS2. After that I only bought the two Underground games and then kinda let the series go. I just didn't think it was the same anymore. I did buy the THPS HD from PSN last year and while I'm really loving the game I'm sad that it has no split-screen multiplayer.
I don't really remember the first Tony Hawk gmae that I've played... maybe it was one for the PS1 in a friend's house? I don't know. I know that the first one I owned was Project 8 on PS2 which wasn't thaaaat bad, but I don't play these anymore, they don't really attract me like the way they did when I was a kid.
So, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is happening. It looks nice and the new features sound cool but I'm getting sick of every single interview of this game going on and on and on about the online features. Strange, since apparently the PS3/360 version doesn't even have an online feature. I don't care about that, I just want a split-screen mode!

As long as the music is top tier then Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 will be good.

That's all I hope.

Also holy crud, this was one hell of a bump lol. Not that I mind.
I wanted to discuss the game and I was pretty sure there was a Tony Hawk thread once :P I was right.
You know, I like how the game works from what we've seen of it, but I don't see myself spending 60 dollars on it, and apparently it's watered down on 7th gen consoles where it only costs 40. I might get it eventually, but not until the price drops some.
I was a huge Tony Hawk fan back in the day and I'm happy to see that this is a thing. However, after how the HD remake was rather... mediocre, I'm still going to wait and see how this turns out, because I'm still rather weary about how Activision has been handling this series. God, I miss Neversoft.
Oh man that looks GLORIOUS!

Heck, check out a speedrun of Tony Hawks 3 You can beat the entire career in 4 minutes!

Dat Soundtrack, doe.