Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Do you mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, in fact I do.
77.78%
7 77.78%
No, I must say I have not.
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Modding, Rubber Ducker! Do you do it?
I wouldn't recommend starting now if you were thinking of using Nexus because at the moment, they're transferring data to a different server or some techno babble I don't understand, (why you're reading this instead of me playing Fallout NV) but it made me wonder. Do any of you in the community mod your games, and if so what do you aim for?

Personally, I like having an integrated arsenal (like found in shops and on enemies, put into the world and not just in the good doctor's house somewhere).

I also like a general face lift for the game and have been trying to improve the general look of npcs (although finding a good male reskin is tougher than you'd think.

So, what about you guys? Do you mod? By any chance, does anyone here create mods?
I love mods, they can really extend a game's play-time .
Unless the game is really bad, I complete it once before using mods.

For example, I finished Skyrim's main story-line and most of the main quests with the pure game. Since then, I've been running around in a top hat dual-wielding lightsabres with eight lightsabre-wielding companions and Skyrim seems to have been overrun with giant monocle-wearing crabs...
(07-30-2013, 04:11 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: I love mods, they can really extend a game's play-time .
Unless the game is really bad, I complete it once before using mods.

For example, I finished Skyrim's main story-line and most of the main quests with the pure game. Since then, Skyrim seems to have been overrun with monocle-wearing crabs...

that sound mysteriously like a Yiddish crab I know. Gotta love Bethesda game mods eh?

Oh yeah, forgot to add in main post, my Left 4 Dead 2 team is currently Daryl Dixon, Iron Man, Master Chief, and Juliet Sterling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
Gaming related. GAMING RELATED!

I mod in Minecraft. I'm currently playing the Hexxit Modpack. It adds about 60+ mods to minecraft.

One mod that I absolutely love is better enchanting. I can put whatever I want in the enchantment table and actually PICK what I want instead of hoping it gives me something good.
Ah, my bad. Made this as a side thought trying to get Nexus to work. Still isn't.
Moved to gaming section - send me hateful PMs if you want me to change it back.
(07-31-2013, 12:14 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Moved to gaming section - send me hateful PMs if you want me to change it back.

Well to be fair modding can extend outside of gaming; like electrics and stuff.

The only modding I usually do to my games are mods that increase performance. Take Dark Souls on the PC for example, it looks really ugly until you get DSfix and increase the resolution and bump up the framerate.
Nexus is up.
I used mods all the time. Even on [consoles you shouldn't be modding]. It's fun to make your own programs as I enjoy programming but also exploring the games code at the same time. Using other mods, as Seriously Though, stated can extend your play time and give a whole new take on certain aspects of the game.
I don't mod often, but when I do it's to do something like fix bugs or balance the game better (I'm looking at you New Vegas). I also will install mods that make the game a little easier for a second playthrough, like with F:NV I have a mod where I get a perk every level, rather than every other. I generally like modding, I think it's a pretty cool thing.
I tried it for the first time a few days ago.

For some unknown reason Project Nevada wouldn't work on my New Vegas, and half the time it wouldn't load.

Fellout worked pretty well.
Downloading missions for L4D2 when playing it with friends online was fun as hell. Too bad there's not really anyone to play with anymore...

I also modded the ever living crap out of both Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour. So many speacial units and I loved having extra army forces and new maps. Same goes for Little Fighter 2 and Liero, those games got their fair share of modding back in the day, too. I think I still have a burned disc with my insanely modded Liero Xtreme.

Other than that, I waited forever for the Resident Evil 2 mod Dark Biohazard but that one is most likely dead now.
(08-02-2013, 03:58 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Downloading missions for L4D2 when playing it with friends online was fun as hell. Too bad there's not really anyone to play with anymore...

I also modded the ever living crap out of both Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour. So many speacial units and I loved having extra army forces and new maps. Same goes for Little Fighter 2 and Liero, those games got their fair share of modding back in the day, too. I think I still have a burned disc with my insanely modded Liero Xtreme.

Other than that, I waited forever for the Resident Evil 2 mod Dark Biohazard but that one is most likely dead now.

Points like that make me hope we get console mods with the next generation.
(08-01-2013, 10:15 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: I tried it for the first time a few days ago.

For some unknown reason Project Nevada wouldn't work on my New Vegas, and half the time it wouldn't load.

Fellout worked pretty well.

Did you use the nexus mod manager and are currently at last update?
(08-02-2013, 05:37 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Points like that make me hope we get console mods with the next generation.

And I don't get why we couldn't. I mean, I understand the issue for multiplayer, but can't they make something that tells you that you have mods on, and then disable them for multiplayer?

It would be really cool.

Speaking of mods. I was playing GTA IV on the 360 a while ago and someone was flying around a golf cart. It was amusing.