Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
No Super Mario RPG sequel says developer
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstor...m=facebook

What a shame this is. As a fan of the original game, I've longed for a PROPER sequel to this classic. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi aren't sequels they are successors to this game. I've always imagined a sequel would be made for the Wii U and 3DS, but now, I guess I have to put those thoughts at rest.
Paper Mario is Super Mario RPG 2.

The graphics of the game was just the design that they used. So while others don't count it as a sequel, It still technically is. But I would also of liked another game liked Super Mario RPG. Was a pretty good game.
(08-01-2013, 06:47 PM)ThisGuyInTheSuit Wrote: Paper Mario is Super Mario RPG 2.

The graphics of the game was just the design that they used. So while others don't count it as a sequel, It still technically is. But I would also of liked another game liked Super Mario RPG. Was a pretty good game.
I don't see Paper Mario as a sequel to Mario RPG. Sure, there are a few things similar to RPG in it. But it feels to me more as a spiritual successor. I am aware that it was originally entitled as the sequel to Mario RPG. But something was missing from Paper Mario to make it as a 'true' sequel in my book. And its not Geno thats for sure.
...because it's Nintendo.
Both of them were pretty fantastic games, so I was happy with Paper Mario.
Yeah I'm actually not a huge fan of the original Super Mario RPG, but I love me some Paper Mario. I'm just really hoping that they'll make another true paper mario serquel with RPG stuff.
While I liked Super Mario RPG I wasn't blown out of the water by it, graphic wise, or story wise. It was fun sure, but let me put it like this

my first Mario RPG was the Thousand Year Door, both ones before were ... lackluster compared to that.

Fun, sure, but not up to par.