Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Homework Help!
I think this can be a good thread, to help people with homework. Try not to give the answer but help instead. The reason I created this thread is simple, I'm stuck on an assignment. I'm supposed to write 10 sentences that describe me. Those sentences have to be similes and metaphors.
So far I have:
I am as lazy as a sloth.
I am as silent as a mouse.
I am as loyal as a dog.
I am a light bulb because I'm bright.
I am a bat because I spend most of my time in my dark room and my eyesight is bad.
I am a scratched record because I do the same things everyday.

Do you guys have anything that can help me think of more? Or some examples?
Won't that be BROKEN recored? But oh well. Same difference. [Insert-Kingdom-Hearts-II-Clip]

I am a TV because I am very entertaining.
I am a squirrel becuse I am distracted easily.
I am a Michael Jackson CD becuse I am popular.

Not knowing you personaly made it a little harder but theres a start.
Now the joke ones I thought up:

As white as a ghost
As dead as the dodo
As bald as a baby's backside
As pale as a ghost/death
I'm just that awesome, because I'm just Saiyan.

I hope to be your friends, because I'm just that kind of guy.

I'm tired of doing this, because I'm half asleep and its 11.
Use popular media/people in your similes and metaphors.
(08-19-2013, 11:13 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Use popular media/people in your similes and metaphors.

I'm like Michel Bay because I keep messing up things people like.
I'm like Willow Smith because I can't sing.
I'm like FRED because some people find me really annoying.
I finished the homework yesterday. Thanks for the help guys.
(08-20-2013, 09:24 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: I finished the homework yesterday. Thanks for the help guys.

Glad if my random remarks helped.
(08-20-2013, 09:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 09:24 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: I finished the homework yesterday. Thanks for the help guys.

You were very helpful
(Not really)
(08-21-2013, 09:01 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 09:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

You were very helpful
(Not really)

You are very welcome.
(I'm not that blind.)
Can anybody give me an example of language having "power"?
Well, do you mean by power of division or unification?
For one, without language, we as a people would not be able to communicate at such distances discussing your homework. We would not have a standard of talk, nor would coding be possible as it itself is a language.

But language has the power to divide as well, though it only be a barrier, humans often do not take the time to form pideons so that they can communicate when there is no interpreter, only doing so when necessary. Its a dividing line, like race can be where it is entirely bypassable and only acts as an issue when we make it one.

The power of language is the power of humanity, not the individual, but the collective.
I'm have to write three paragraphs about the power of language. So far, I have two. I'm stuck on the third one and this is what the paper my English teacher gave me says about the third paragraph.

Third Paragraph - So what? Why does it matter? Give an explanation of why understanding the power of language is important. As the speaker, why is it important to know the power of your own words? As the listener, why is it important to recognize the power that the words of others can have over us? What practical advice can you offer your readers so that they can become more aware of the hidden power of language all around them?
*In your closing statement, remind the reader why all of this matters, and what they should be taking away from your paper.

I'm having more trouble with this than I should. I'm going to sleep. I'll continue tomorrow.
As a speaker, you need to be able to project your ideas on to everyone so they know that you are confident in your words. When was the last time you saw the president go up and start saying, "Um, yea. We need to, uaaa, go over and, Umm, take what we need, umm, if that's okay. Okay, bye"? Never. When Obama goes in front of America here stands straight and says "America. Our Enemy has what we need. We will take what we need if need be. We will have this thing." This gets our troops get pumped to go and serve our country when they hear him speak. This is the power of words. Do you think MLK's great speeches would have worked if he was a soft spoken man? What if Gandhi spook in an unsure manner? How about Abraham Lincoln? All of these men knew how to talk to people and were able to have (almost) everyone voting for them.

Hope this helped you out. It's been a wile since I had to write something like this.
If time is in seconds, distance is in meters, speed is distance divided by time and acceleration is speed divided by time, using dimensional analysis, what are the units for acceleration?
I don't even understand these questions...
Basically, it's asking you to give acceleration in its unit components which are outlined by the first half of the question. So, take it in parts, as follows:

time = [seconds]
distance = [meters]

speed = distance / time <-- fill in the appropriate units

acceleration = speed / time = (distance / time) / time <-- fill in the appropriate units

I did my best to not just give you the answer but it's sort of hard with dimensional analysis. That being said, let me know if you need any further help.