Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The all new Nintendo 2DS.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-0...ld-console

Go Home Nintendo, you're drunk.
I'd prefer if handhelds are able to fit in my pockets. You know, since it's sort of a handheld that you want to take places.
Yeah, because handhelds that don't fit in your pockets suck...
[Image: 175px-Nintendo_Gameboy.jpg]

Seriously, I've always disliked this argument. The Gameboy was amazing and did a perfectly fine job of not fitting in my pocket.
I think this is a logical thing for Nintendo to do, though the price point isn't that dramatic a reduction, it is cool. I still think the clamshell design should have been kept though, I never played games flat out like that on the DS.
Nintendo, it's too early to be making April Fools joke.

E: @Dazz Mine could fit in my pocket just fine. [Image: fyhMukh.gif]
(08-28-2013, 12:16 PM)Dazz Wrote: Yeah, because handhelds that don't fit in your pockets suck...

Seriously, I've always disliked this argument. The Gameboy was amazing and did a perfectly fine job of not fitting in my pocket.
I think this is a logical thing for Nintendo to do, though the price point isn't that dramatic a reduction, it is cool. I still think the clamshell design should have been kept though, I never played games flat out like that on the DS.

To be honest, that thing isn't that large compared to the Game Gear, the Lynx or the Vita.

I mean, the Gameboy can fit in your pocket, but it'll stick out a bit.
(08-28-2013, 12:16 PM)Dazz Wrote: Yeah, because handhelds that don't fit in your pockets suck...

Not saying that as my main complaint against it. Besides, I already have a 3DS.

and I don't know what you guys are talking about. A Gameboy fits in my pocket perfectly fine.
[Image: ku-bigpic.gif] Ummm...no thanks

[Image: 5tPCRDJ.jpg?1]
The only thing I can see them improving is the battery life when it comes to the good lucking 3DS, which wasn't the best.
(08-28-2013, 01:21 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: The only thing I can see them improving is the battery life when it comes to the good lucking 3DS, which wasn't the best.

...and the 2DS sets out to continue that trend.
[Image: 0NO657J.png?1]
http://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/i...BLE_UK.pdf

Also
[Image: image_60348_thumb_wide930.jpg]

I'm not bashing the system either. But in all honesty, this doesn't looking comfortable to hold in the slightest, but £100 for collectible handheld (like I did for the Micro) isn't really bad. It's not a £300 Gears of War Xbox 360, but an addition that's generally good for 3DS sales and gets rid of the crap that I doubt anyone uses (the 3D). I can't really complain about this, but the design is bloody terrible.

Edit: I think it's worth asking the question, Nintendo, the hell didn't you include a second circle pad?
Hmm so it is a DS that plays 3DS games in 2D....Well I GUESS that is a nice alternative for people who want to play 3DS games without the 3D gimmick attached to it. Personally I am more then happy with my original 3DS and have no reason to love or hate this new love child of theirs.

I wonder if they could have made it folding like the other 3DS handhelds.
Nintendo go home, you're drunk.

I would post more but this video perfectly sums up my thoughts on it.

I'd like to give a small reminder that there are actual games that sort of require the 3D, so I don't know how some of them would transition.
I think it's more intended towards kids. There is no 3D, despite there being normal parental control, and the lack of clamshell design makes it slightly harder to break. And it is also a bit cheaper, nothing huge but it's a nice discount.
(08-28-2013, 03:41 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I think it's more intended towards kids. There is no 3D, despite there being normal parental control, and the lack of clamshell design makes it slightly harder to break. And it is also a bit cheaper, nothing huge but it's a nice discount.
[Image: C98Ff2k.png]
That kid needs to shave.
[Image: 1IoNpok.png]

It used to fit in my pockets.

I wouldn't mind a 2Ds. I don't care for the 3D idea and if its 40+ less then I'd go for it.