Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Next Car Game
Has anyone played FlatOut? Demolition Derby? Destruction Derby? Dirt Showdown? FlatOut developer Bugbear is making a new destruction derby game called The Next Car Game (working title, I guess), which is a rally game with realistic damage (both external & internal), destructible environment and the ability to build your own car from spare parts. It's like Street Rod meets FlatOut and Beam NG Drive and the mere thought of that makes me wanna sing with joy. Seriously, this is the kind of racing game I've been aching for ages! Especially after that Dutch company whose name I forgot made FlatOut 3 that sucked balls and kinda ruined that franchise.

Anyway, I find it sad that publishers don't think this kind of game would sell and they would want them to make it "more accessible to everyone" ie. a generic arcade racer. They are still going to finish this project but a little money would help. Therefore, they are giving out pre-order bonuses for people if they pre-order it now in order to make some extra cash for finishing it in a shorter time. They're well over a year into the game and it's currently in pre-alpha.

Here's the site: http://nextcargame.com/ You should watch the video on there, it explains the game in more detail.

Other games you might know from Bugbear: Ridge Racer Unbounded, Sega Rally Revo & Rally Trophy.

If anyone here is interested, I hope to God you pre-order. I'm gonna. I need this game so bad.
I misread the title and am sad now.
Moving on, I haven't played any of those but it sounds like fun building your own car. I might have to study up the schematics for my rx8 if I played a game like that and worked out a rotary engine vehicle.
(08-31-2013, 09:58 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I misread the title and am sad now.

Now I'm interested. What did you think it said? :D
"Minimum graphics card required : 8 - 10GB equivalent."
(09-01-2013, 06:57 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(08-31-2013, 09:58 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I misread the title and am sad now.

Now I'm interested. What did you think it said? :D

The Next Card Game.
Ah. Should've figured.
I like the FlatOut games, but I prefer Burnout.
I think they should leave the name "Next Car Game" when they release it. It sounds awesome.
The pre-alpha is on Steam now! Oh my God is it amazing. I haven't played a demo this much since the times of PS1 demo discs.
..."The Next Car Game"...?
Wierd title, cause what if theres a car game after it? "The next car game after the next car game"?

*Boom boom, crash*
(12-28-2013, 01:30 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: ..."The Next Car Game"...?
Wierd title, cause what if theres a car game after it? "The next car game after the next car game"?

*Boom boom, crash*

That's their working title for all their racing games.
(12-28-2013, 01:49 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

*Boom boom, crash*

Oh, you should of mentioned that before.
So im guessing they make car games?
(12-28-2013, 06:48 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 01:49 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

*Boom boom, crash*

Oh, you should of mentioned that before.
So im guessing they make car games?

They've made the FlatOut series and the latest Ridge Racer, just to mention the most notable. So yeah. All of their other games are racing games too.