Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ever lost the nostalgic feel of video games?
I play a lot of Nintendo games and for some reason, when playing new games now make me feel that I've "lost" it. Meaning that either I couldn't enjoy it like how I did earlier or I felt the other game was better. I don't know why but somehow I feel like this.

I feel like this whenever I play Mario games in general. I enjoyed Super mario world. But I'm not sure if I can say the same thing when playing super mario 3d land. Enjoyed bowser's inside story but so far I'm not sure if I am enjoyed Dream team. Don't get me wrong its still fun but seeing that its just like BIS, I feel a bit confused.(Don't spoil Dream Team's story for me PLEASE!).
I feel nistalgic when playing old games. I feel pumped when I'm playing a new game I was waiting for. Simple as that. So uh... No, I love gaming, all of it.
The only nostalgia that I have lost is with Mario. I use to love his games, but now whenever I play any of the older games, I think to myself, "I have played this game before with the other games." I'm not sure if Mario is good any more since all he does is run on nostalgia, and if you have seen past all of this and seen how much original stuff is put in to the newer games, you lose the point of playing his games...... except for the RPGs, which are still fun, yet ruin the feel of the platformers even further.
(09-17-2013, 11:31 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: The only nostalgia that I have lost is with Mario. I use to love his games, but now whenever I play any of the older games, I think to myself, "I have played this game before with the other games." I'm not sure if Mario is good any more since all he does is run on nostalgia, and if you have seen past all of this and seen how much original stuff is put in to the newer games, you lose the point of playing his games...... except for the RPGs, which are still fun, yet ruin the feel of the platformers even further.

I think I agree with you here. I can't help but think that the New super mario bros series isn't as refreshing as the other super mario games. I can say that Super Mario Land series was different so is Super mario Bros 3 and world series.

I myself am a huge Mario fan and Damm I play a LOT of Mario games because for some reason they are fun. Galaxy series were some of the best 3d Mario games I've played but I think I enjoyed SM64 better because the game feel is there with Secrets and stuff.

Now for some reason I was hyped about Dream Team but when I played it, it just feels like Bowser's inside story with little difference. I enjoy the dream worlds better than the real worlds and after accidentally reading the small portion of the ending(Damm it@!@#@!!!! Btw does Dream team have any story twists or is it just cliche?) and realizing the fact that it plays a lot like BIS, I feel "Lost" to it whether its worth playing more or not. But what I can say is this.....ITS WAY BETTER THAN STICKER STAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I don't buy games unless I know I am going to love playing them for a while, so I have never really had a game that has lost its replay value.
Can't say I've had that problem. I only play games I know I'm going to like and want to re-visit so I don't know how I could lose that feeling.
I don't really feel any nostalgia when I go back and play Majora's Mask because I hate that game and want to rip the soul out of its god damn cartridge, but aside from that it usually sticks with me.
All the Sonic games from 1 To Sonic Adventure... And I have to say...
[Image: aLK8pZV_460s_v2.jpg]
I don't feel as if I've lost the vibe for gaming, but I feel as if the game isn't interesting or different, or I dislike the gameplay I'll dislike the the game.

So, I could play The Last of Us, GTA V, Saints Row IV, and others and still have fun.

But then I'll get a new game like Timeshift or Brink, and not feel an urge to play them due to them being bad, or something I don't like.

From old to new, I love all the games I play.
(09-18-2013, 05:26 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I don't feel as if I've lost the vibe for gaming, but I feel as if the game isn't interesting or different, or I dislike the gameplay I'll dislike the the game.

So, I could play The Last of Us, GTA V, Saints Row IV, and others and still have fun.

But then I'll get a new game like Timeshift or Brink, and not feel an urge to play them due to them being bad, or something I don't like.

From old to new, I love all the games I play.

For me, as long as it's either great enough to be a ton of fun or terrible enough to be fun to make fun of with a friend, I'll remember it. I remember enjoying SSX Tricky and I remember enjoying Pryzm: The Dark Unicorn for vastly different reasons.
Old or new, gaming would never leave me. If there's something enjoyable out there. I'd be sure to play it.
Nah.

The only game that I couldn't still enjoy was some bad RC racing game for the PS2, and that's because it was really short