Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Exciting Game Finds
I found these the other day. I used to play these ALL THE TIME! They were some of my favorites, so I HAD to buy them! Post some pictures of exciting and/or rare finds you guys find!

[Image: 580313_10201337882342648_839980929_n.jpg]
$15 seems a lot for those kind of games, they look like they'd go for around half that. But I guess these days people think if it's old, it's rare.

I recently bought FF8 for the PS1 for £8, I also met a qtpie at the checkout who started talking to me about Final Fantasy. Too bad I didn't play any of them apart from 7. She then said to enjoy it since it's her favorite.

It seems interesting from the few seconds I've played.
I have been looking for these games at ALL my local used games stores for years and haven't been able to find them until a few days ago. $15 isn't much for the nostalgia i'm about to bust open.
Yeah, I'd pay about £15 for some of the old games I played.

Still, from that one game you have a better SNES collection than I do.
I'll have a treasure trove, I think, to post later. Stay tuned.
I still remember the day I found a copy of Rez.

Back when Media Play used to be open in a fairly close city they opened up a used game section. An employee there asked what I was looking for and I rattled off ridiculously rare titles, which was when he told me about a nearby gas station that had a copy of Rez to rent.

I managed to find the gas station where I heard a choir of angels singing as I entered the door and soon located the desired game, bathed in a heavenly glow. The manager was not there, so I left my info along with my request to please let me buy the game.

A few days later I received a phone call. Turns out that game hadn't been rented in well over a year so they didn't see the harm in selling it to me for $20. The game indeed showed very little signs of wear and I enjoyed the game immensely. I'm so glad it saw a reincarnation in Child of Eden, which is even more spectacular.
I'm not actually a big fan of retro game collecting. Don't get me wrong, I love buying older games, but I'm against buying games solely on the grounds that they'll either look cool in my cartridge collection of +14 virginity or that I used to play them when I was a kid. I buy older games when I find them if I think they'll be fun to play now. I found a copy of Megaman X and played it with my friends and we had a blast, likewise Smash TV, the SNES Jeopardy game and my neighbor's copy of Shaq Fu. If it's older then the SNES, I just emulate buy it on the eShop since it'll be more reliable and won't require digging up an old console. The one exception to this rule is Pokemon Red, because god dammit using Mr. Mime to destroy my best friend just does not get old.
Too be honest, I'd buy a retro game that was rare, if it's for cheap, but usually I buy to play.
(09-20-2013, 10:40 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Too be honest, I'd buy a retro game that was rare, if it's for cheap, but usually I buy to play.

A video rental store went out of business many years back and I bought their copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne that was complete with soundtrack for $5, even thought I have a copy of my own, because of its rarity at the time. I sold it for $75.
[Image: GAMES_zpsb62a154a.jpg]

For those of you who don't want to
bother looking closely at the picture, it contains:

Consoles:

Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Super
Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, Game Boy Color

The Controller is a Special Edition
Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo 64 Controller.

Game Boy Games: Super R.C. Pro-Am,
Quarth, Doneky Kong, Kirby's Dream Land, Star Trek: The Next
Generation, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers,
Madden 96, Madden 97, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Pokemon Yellow

Game Boy Accesories: Game Genie, Handy
Joy Joystick, Game Boy Camera

Game Boy Color: Test Drive Off Road 3
(game featured a built in rumble pack)

SNES Games: F-Zero, Shaq Fu, Jurassic
Park

Sega Genesis Games: Road Rash II, Bulls
vs. The Blazers and The NBA Playoffs, The Lost Vikings, Sonic The
Hedgehog, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Streets Of Rage II, Taz and
Escape From Mars, Super Thunder Blade, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Micheal
Jackson's Moonwalker, Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, Golden Axe, X-Men 2,
Dick Tracy, Vectorman 1 and 2

N64 Games: Bomberman Hero, NBA
Hangtime, Star Wars: Pod Racer, MRC World Championship, San Fransico
Rush 2049, Mario Kart 64, Bomberman 64, Super Mario 64, Hot Wheels
Turbo Racing, Excitebike 64, Nascar 99, Cruisin' World, Rush 2:
Extreme Racing USA, Yoshi Story, PilotWings 64, Kirby 64: Search For
The Crystal Shards, F-Zero X, Mario Tennis, 1080 Snowboarding, Mario
Party, Paper Boy, Paper Mario, Diddy Kong Racing

I have more, just don't want to look
right now.

Aw crud, I forgot Wave Race and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 are even in the picture.
So many years back I heard about a certain PS1 title that I thought would be interesting. Shortly before Game Stop quit carrying older titles I found one, but it was just the disc. I don't care how rare a game is; I'd rather not have it at all if I can't have it complete.

Today I found another copy at a shop that carries all sorts of games, but it came from a video rental store, so it had stickers and even marker on it in addition to be very worn. Heck. No.

I decided it was about time I finally play this game so I checked eBay. My best offer on what appears to be a very good conditioned used copy was accepted, so I'm assuming I'll be getting next week.

Now the question is do I post it here or on the thread where we show off out loot? Hmm...
I found ICO for £12.

I haven't played it yet, but it came with the manual, which is cool.
(09-24-2013, 06:28 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I found ICO for £12.

I haven't played it yet, but it came with the manual, which is cool.

Good buy! I lucked out and found it brand new at a Best Buy a long time ago for $9.99.

You're really going to like it, but keep in mind in later levels you might get a tad frustrated and need to step away from it for a bit.
So....

I just bought the original Star Fox, and it works, for $4.

Ya'll jelly?
(09-24-2013, 09:07 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: So....

I just bought the original Star Fox, and it works, for $4.

Ya'll jelly?

Yes ><