Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wayforward wants to do a video game of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Upon my search around the internet, I came across this. Something that had surprised me but in the end I gave it some thought. What is that? Wayforward(Shantae and Ducktales Remastered) wants to do a video game based off of the show My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/22/way...pony-game/

A lot of the guys who work for Wayforward seem to be huge fans of the show(I will admit I am a fan of the show, but somethings about the fans of that are crazy, but I will save that for another day). Since Wayforward handled Ducktales Remastered with perfection, I personally would want to see them do a video game based off of Friendship is magic. Would you guys want in on this? Or not?

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/22/way...pony-game/
YES PLEASE.

I'm eagerly waiting the European release of their Adventure Time and this would give me something more to look out for. Ever since I played Shantae: Risky's Revenge WayForward has been shaping out to be one of my favorite game developers. They seem to know what they are doing.

Considering how many fan games Hasbro has shut down and how I already played through Adventure Ponies (an official 8-bit browser game) multiple times I would be more than happy to have an actual game that wasn't completely aimed for kids.
It really didn't help the fact that Hasbro shut down a long work of development of Fighting Is Magic. Since according to some sources, Hasbro doesn't want anything violent exposed to children, while I'm hearing things that are much worst added for the comics(hypocritical if you ask me). On the bright side, Lauren saved the development of that and it was reworked as an original fighting game.

I've always imagined Wayforward as the perfect place for the an official My Little Pony game. If it ever happens, I can imagine it would be as good as Ducktales Remastered.
I was bummed when Fighting is Magic was shut down but I'm still totally hyped for the fighter Mane6 is doing now, especially after they got the Z-Engine from the developers of Skullgirls.

Definitely agree on that WayForward would be the best developer for such a game. They seem to have a pretty good track record of turning cartoon shows into games.

The comics are indeed pretty crazy. I bought the collected edition of the first series but sadly it didn't include the Micro Series. Currently waiting for the second volume to arrive in mail.
I am not a fan but why not?
Gotta love the comment section in that one, with people saying they'll drop their support for WayForward if they do this.
Does it bother anyone else that friendship is spelled wrong in the title? I just noticed that and its bugging me.
(10-03-2013, 03:55 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Gotta love the comment section in that one, with people saying they'll drop their support for WayForward if they do this.
Its kinda funny to see these people make utter fools out of themselves. They are already thinking this is a bad idea. Just wait until footage of the said game comes out and blows their mind. They are going to regret saying those things.

Pyscho, I took care of that little spelling error. I didn't notice it until now.
(10-03-2013, 05:11 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 03:55 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Gotta love the comment section in that one, with people saying they'll drop their support for WayForward if they do this.
Its kinda funny to see these people make utter fools out of themselves. They are already thinking this is a bad idea. Just wait until footage of the said game comes out and blows their mind. They are going to regret saying those things.

To be honest, the ones who hate the series really, REALLY hate it. To the point that they'd propably burn down the carts even if it was the best game ever made.
Hey, games based on kids shows can be great. I remember loving the Sesame Street game for the N64... I got it well after the age range the game was designed for.
I think Ducktales and Rescue Rangers are the best examples of games based on cartoons done right.

Also happy to hear that the Adventure Time game is already getting a sequel. Hopefully it won't take a year to get that one in Europe.
Honestly if anyone should make a MLP game it's Wayforward. They know how to do a good cartoon adaption.

I'm hoping it's an RPG though, I dunno why but I always thought the show could make a good RPG.
(10-04-2013, 03:12 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 05:11 PM)CLXcool Wrote:

To be honest, the ones who hate the series really, REALLY hate it. To the point that they'd propably burn down the carts even if it was the best game ever made.
One of the most noticeable haters for the series is Amid Amid(the guy who runs Cartoon brew). Even calling it "the end of creator driven" cartoons. Honestly. Its a reboot of a product that nobody even give a damn about. Like take Batman for instance. It was a joke. But when it got rebooted(thanks to the help of Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns) it helped spark out Batman: The Animated series from Bruce timm. Nobody complained about that reboot. Needless to say. If they dont like it, then the solution is to not look at it.

Im hoping that Wayforward can make it as a platformer. I won't mind an RPG/platformer if that is executed well.
I would like to see something along the lines of Story of the Blanks, only without the horror added to it.

Not that I wouldn't like horror, I love it, but we gotta be real here.
Well, they can't focus on horror, but they can have things that could scare the mane 6. Like creepy monsters for the bosses.