VGFacts

Full Version: Mighty No. 9 Delayed, again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday it was confirmed that Mighty No. 9 will be delayed yet again due to bugs found in the online portion of the game, which is a part of the game due to a completed stretch goal. The delay pushes the game back at least 3 months as it is now delayed until early 2016. No official release is yet confirmed but we have been told by Comcept that will give us an official release as soon as it is possible to do so.  It is also confirmed that because of the delay, there is no defenitive release date for the Vita and 3DS versions.

Personally, if I hadn't bought the signature edition, I'd drop the game and be done with it. I mean, something better come extra with this delay because I know personally, I don't care about the online. It's basically Megaman, who needs online for that? What a serious shame. Normally, I'd be okay with delays but a month before release and all of a sudden we get an "oops, sorry" kind of delay? Really comcept. I just have a feeling as well that they decided to wait until after Red Ash failed to tell us about this which doesn't make me feel any better. So, thoughts?
Wasn't there already a topic about this?
Yeah, see, this is what I meant they shouldn't start making a new game when this one isn't even in any shape to be released.
They should have waited a couple of months after Mighty No 9 got released BEFORE announcing they're doing another game.
(08-06-2015, 03:41 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]They should have waited a couple of months after Mighty No 9 got released BEFORE announcing they're doing another game.

As Hideki Kamiya put:
[Image: YmzFoH7l.png]

Also stuff happens in development. I'm not happy about it, but if they're fixing bugs, then I'm OK with it. If they sent the game out as is, then everyone would (rightfully) shit on it for being a broken mess. I back MM9 too but stuff happens.
So long as the game is good I'm fine with that.

My only concern is that I've haven't heard of this FUZE company and I have no basis on whether this company will do what is right to help Red Ash be successful.
(08-07-2015, 11:47 PM)Melcadrien Wrote: [ -> ]So long as the game is good I'm fine with that.

My only concern is that I've haven't heard of this FUZE company and I have no basis on whether this company will do what is right to help Red Ash be successful.

I've been trying to figure out about Fuze since yesterday, and I'm not really finding much. I guess as long as it's coming to console's and plays well, and Inafune still gets to make a Legends style game, I'm fine with it. I still worry about the company as a whole though. Comcept is now working on 3 games when you throw in Recore. I don't know what that means for them as far as staff goes. I just hope it doesn't mean they are stretched too thin, which is a concern I had ever since Recore was announced without Mighty No. 9 even being released.

On another note, I wonder if after these three games come out, if they'll try for Battle Network successor, without Kickstarter. Honestly, after this last one, I don't see them pulling another one with any kind of success. Three Kickstarters is enough.
^ The point of Kickstarter is for someone to come up with an idea and give to their target audience with no middle man. Yes, resorting to Kickstarter often can seem like a bad idea, but the point of video game kickstarters is that the developer can give it's fans the game they want to make without publishers or third parties screwing people over.

I'd like to think 3 kickstarters is enough, but if Red Ash came out and published by Ubisoft(random chosen company), then you can expect uPlay BS, DLC, pre-order content, day 1 dlc etc. Heck, Call would be a pre-order character on MM9.
Whelp, it's been delayed again, for the exact same reason it was delayed last time. And for me, that's the final straw. One more delay, over internet features no one cares about, and not only will I cancel my pre-order, I will petition for Comcept to be disbanded due to a vote of no confidence for the company to do anything.

This new delay has no release date, and is stated as Spring 2016.
This is hilarious.
The studio behind this is in serious hot water over another delay. And this picture can sum it up perfectly.
[Image: 10314667_10205685376558445_6419027781676...e=56FC1DBA]
It's Duke Nukem Forever all over again!
(01-26-2016, 11:45 PM)Melcadrien Wrote: [ -> ]It's Duke Nukem Forever all over again!

Thank god I wasn't the only one thinking about that.
As I said before, shit happens. When working on software, stuff comes up. Stuff that has pretty bad effects, like glitches which can result in even bigger problems.
We're at a point now where video games are constantly being released as buggy, broken and often not even working at launch. We've seen them time after time with games with huge budgets and yet even as something as simple as Ubisofts (shitty attempt at) Tetris can be an epic fail.
People kickstarted this game and in return want to see that game finally come out, but if you backed a game and found it had a serious online issue, whether you care about it or not, then people would be complaining about how they "took our money and cut corners. Where did the money go?" etc
So....people want a game to come out very quickly but somehow not be buggy? Take it from someone who does programming as a career and works on software development, shit is nowhere near as straight forward. Even I have had to inform a company that we've had to delay a project due to an issue. Even having to go out physically to fix the issue in another country(no day-1 patches here).
That's true. There's no way to account for all the problems one will find when playing a game even when most of the bugs have been thoroughly squashed.
Pages: 1 2