VGFacts
At the Movies! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: At the Movies! (/thread-14.html)

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 12-08-2013

(12-08-2013, 12:11 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(12-08-2013, 11:57 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I heard that a lot from people on memebase's superhero section, something about almost leveling a city or something.

In Man of Steel? There was some gravitational device the Kryptonians were using to change the planet to a new Krypton and started using it in the middle of Metropolis.

What about AFTER the big New Krypton crating weapon was destroyed? Zod and Sups did a lot more damage and cased more death after the fact than Zod did with his world destroying weapon. Also, the controversial scene at the end. That can leave a lot of people divided.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 12-09-2013

(12-08-2013, 02:45 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(12-08-2013, 12:11 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(12-08-2013, 11:57 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I heard that a lot from people on memebase's superhero section, something about almost leveling a city or something.

In Man of Steel? There was some gravitational device the Kryptonians were using to change the planet to a new Krypton and started using it in the middle of Metropolis.

What about AFTER the big New Krypton crating weapon was destroyed? Zod and Sups did a lot more damage and cased more death after the fact than Zod did with his world destroying weapon. Also, the controversial scene at the end. That can leave a lot of people divided.

I honestly didn't really pay attention to a lot of stuff in the movie in the latter part. Or in the beginning, for that matter. Mostly only watched the middle parts.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 12-11-2013

Wow. We're doing this again? Did Zilla not teach us anything? Still, at lest he does not look like a T-rex Dragon whose design I kinda liked

What are everyone's thoughs on this.

RE: At the Movies! - retrolinkx - 12-11-2013

As we are nearing the end of the school term, I am trying to convince some of my teachers to watch films.

I have asked my History teacher if we can watch Bill and Ted's excellent adventure, since it has something to do with History, and I have asked another teacher to watch Kindergarden Cop since we're learning about Childhood in that lesson.

RE: At the Movies! - Zaliphone - 12-11-2013

I cannot wait until the Godzilla movie comes out. I loved the old ones as a kid and this looks simply fantastic. It's a movie I would consider seeing the midnight showing for.

RE: At the Movies! - RepentantSky - 12-13-2013

Anyone pick up that steel book for fast and Furious 6? I bought it and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I gotta say though, it'd be really hard for someone who hasn't seen the other movies to get a lot of what was going on and that's kind of sad. You gotta watch the others to get it.

RE: At the Movies! - Mass Distraction - 12-13-2013

(12-11-2013, 01:54 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Wow. We're doing this again? Did Zilla not teach us anything? Still, at lest he does not look like a T-rex Dragon whose design I kinda liked

What are everyone's thoughs on this.

I honestly enjoyed Zilla. A lot. It was waaaay better than some of the older Godzilla movies like Godzilla vs. Biollante and Son of Godzilla. Those really weren't all that great. I'm hype for this and I've been waiting for a new one since Final Wars.

RE: At the Movies! - Newt - 12-13-2013

New Zilla movie looks great. I'll probably check it out as a DVD purchase. Not really my cup of tea for at the cinema though.

Saw Hobbit Pt. 2 last night. Was incredible.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 12-20-2013

(12-13-2013, 02:13 PM)Newt Wrote: Saw Hobbit Pt. 2 last night. Was incredible.

I saw it opening day too and I want it out on Extended DVD/Bluray cause I wants all that awesomeness on my HDTV like yesterday!

Now I have to wait another year for the final movie to show up....ARG! Where is a TARDIS, a Delorean or a Phone-Booth when you need one?

RE: At the Movies! - Zaliphone - 12-20-2013

I just watched Elysium and I was very impressed. The story was great and Matt Damon.

RE: At the Movies! - gamemaster1991 - 12-20-2013

I saw three movies in the past two days.

Pacific Rim. A really good movie, but don't watch it with people who are not giant robot fans. A real Evan Galenon (not sure how to spell it) or gundam (preatty sure I spelled that wrong). Also, it's good but way, way too long for a movie with one idea.

We're The Millers. Oh. God. No. I had no saying in this one and I warened that it was going to be bad. I have to say that It was not bad as I thought. It was worse.

R.I.P.D.. This one I liked, but I think that's because I liked the M.I.B. movies (which this clearly wants to be). Also I want another one of these, for some reason.

RE: At the Movies! - GameWizard001 - 12-21-2013

(12-20-2013, 11:32 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Pacific Rim. A really good movie, but don't watch it with people who are not giant robot fans. A real Evan Galenon (not sure how to spell it) or gundam (preatty sure I spelled that wrong). Also, it's good but way, way too long for a movie with one idea.

The movie was an homage to the Kaiju films of the past like Godzilla being the most known example or Mothra, and Gamara to name a couple. Evangelion is probably the closest to giving someone an idea of what this film is minus the the heavy philosophical and mental weight that Evangelion had.

I liked it too but you are right it was way too long for me. But at least the fights were cool.

RE: At the Movies! - RepentantSky - 12-23-2013

I've been totally obsessed with Computer Animated movies lately. I just watched How to Train your Dragon, (twice) Hotel Transylvania, and a bunch of other ones I had never seen. There's something about CGI films that I really like.

RE: At the Movies! - CLXcool - 12-23-2013

I saw Frozen last week with my dad(in 3D). I really enjoyed the movie. The visuals for the ice and snow in the movie were great to witness in 3D. The short film that was played before the movie started was awesome. 'Get A horse' was a blast to watch. Everyone in the theater was laughing. It was gold.

RE: At the Movies! - RepentantSky - 12-24-2013

(12-23-2013, 01:57 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I saw Frozen last week with my dad(in 3D). I really enjoyed the movie. The visuals for the ice and snow in the movie were great to witness in 3D. The short film that was played before the movie started was awesome. 'Get A horse' was a blast to watch. Everyone in the theater was laughing. It was gold.

Frozen really is quite good. A nominee for best animated film and best song for sure. Or at least I hope so. Both are deserving, even though Hayao Miyazaki's "The Wind Rises" will probably take best animated since he isn't doing anymore films, supposedly.

Back on about Frozen though, it really cements the branch of Disney that also created Tangled and Wreck-It-Ralph as one to look out for. I can't wait to see what they do next.