VGFacts
The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri (/thread-3733.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - The Table Destroyer - 02-27-2017

My heart stopped for a few seconds.
This...
Is actually...
I wonder:Is this trivia-worthy?

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - Melcadrien - 03-04-2017

Probably. What concerns me, though, is "is this infringing?"

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - The Table Destroyer - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 01:07 AM)Melcadrien Wrote: Probably.  What concerns me, though, is "is this infringing?"

What do ya mean with that?

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 03-04-2017

Fun fact, there's currently a 71c difference between where I live, where it's currently -32c, and where my parents live, where it's currently 39c.
That's a 128F difference for the Americans (-25,6F here and 102.2F there) !

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - Melcadrien - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 05:07 AM)Hajime Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 01:07 AM)Melcadrien Wrote: Probably.  What concerns me, though, is "is this infringing?"

What do ya mean with that?

My concern is that both the intro to each track are almost similar except for the speed.  It worries me that someone could say "Hey, that's infringing on my music!"

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - retrolinkx - 03-27-2017

So, I just found out that only 4 countries celebrate Black History Month (USA, UK, Canada and Ireland) and to be honest it doesn't surprise me.

I've always disliked BHM just because it felt so shoehorned in and once a month, every year schools would make you learn the same things again and again and do reports on it. I have nothing against people celebrating anything, but BHM was always a weird one for me.

Now that only four countries actually celebrate it really shows that no one really cares about it outside those four countries, and it just makes me wonder why it was so big here but nowhere else? I'm assuming because of the slave trade and how England/America treated minorities, but there's no such thing as Asian History Month when they had similar albeit lesser hardships, but even then it doesn't make sense for Canada and Ireland. Well actually Canada is pretty spot on, but Ireland is confusing since like there are no big black communities in Ireland, and last I checked like 1% of people living in Ireland were black.

It just seems really weird that only four countries celebrate it, it always felt bigger to me.

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - retrolinkx - 03-28-2017

So if found out that during 9/11 rescue dogs were getting depressed that all they were finding were dead bodies, so the handlers would cover themselves in rubble and pretend to be trapped so the rescue dogs could find them.

Don't really know how to feel about that.

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 12:48 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: So if found out that during 9/11 rescue dogs were getting depressed that all they were finding were dead bodies, so the handlers would cover themselves in rubble and pretend to be trapped so the rescue dogs could find them.

Don't really know how to feel about that.

Bittersweet, I think would be a suitable option.

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - Psychospacecow - 03-28-2017

[Image: DdKJmdp.jpg] Aw Yiss.

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - Arjahn - 03-29-2017

Gotta shoot a lil' baby short film for school, thinking I'm just going to have a few videogame henchmen shooting the shit becoming self aware before the main character shows up and kills them. Lemme know if you have any ideas or suggestions or anything because I haven't done anything with a narrative like this since I was 12 years old making runescape videos :D

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-05-2017

I don't know about you guys, but I find it amusing how criticizing sites like Polygon and Kotaku on Twitter seems more controversial (for the lack of a better word) than, let's say, making "remove kebab" jokes and such. 

Oh well... I guess some people like to nitpick their controversies.

EDIT: I'm not joking with this one. I swear every time someone comes and criticizes those websites an entire army of fanboys comes over and defends it like if their lives depended on it.

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - Arjahn - 04-17-2017

It's finally nice enough to go hiking, which I'm a big fan of, so I've done a short trail the last few days and hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit am I out of shape. Thanks Santa.

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - Psychospacecow - 04-17-2017

Today's been a good day for me. No headache, got good sleep, nice and chiil.

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-17-2017

(04-17-2017, 06:59 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Today's been a good day for me. No headache, got good sleep, nice and chiil.

Not in the "How Was Your Day" thread. Banned for unruly behaviour.

But SERIOUSLY, that's good to hear :) You can finish the chocolate now !

RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-23-2017

Reddit will be ditching custom CSS as part of its desktop redesign

Judging by the responses on the original announcement thread and the like/dislike ratio, it seems nobody is happy about this (as expected). In fact, some people are already saying that this might cause Reddit's definitive demise.

Oh well... I guess I should migrate to Voat or Discord.