Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kingdom Hearts: Cloud and Vincent
In an interview with Kingdom Hearts Director Tetsuya Nomura, he stated that Cloud's design in Kingdom Heatrs had some elements from Final Fantasy VII character Vincent Valentine. He also said that he wanted to include Vincent Valentine in the game as well.

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania Interview:
--Also, about Cloud, isn't the left-hand side of his design modelled on FFVII's Vincent?

Nomura: Yes, his left arm is in Vincent's image. This time, in this setting, Cloud is leaning towards the dark side, and I wanted to make him a bit more demon-like. And, since Vincent was exactly that kind of design, I just added it in. Although I would have liked to put Vincent in the game too...

Cloud has a metal claw on his left hand and a red cape like Vincent.
[Image: 25gv34k.jpg]

I've read all over the place that Vincent Valentine was left out because his personality was too much like Cloud's, but I haven't found a quote or interview for that, so I guess that much is speculation.

Also, Cloud's appearance in Kingdom Hearts II was based off of his appearance in the film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

[Image: s49bf9.jpg]

Source:
http://kh13.com/interviews/kingdom-heart...ya-nomura/

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom Hearts: Cloud and Vincent - by Pogue-Mahone - 10-25-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Kingdom Hearts: Cloud and Vincent - by Dazz - 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM