Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Square Enix HD Collection Discussion Thread
Well that's a mouth full of a title. With last year's Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories and 358 days over 2 released in HD, the up coming FFX and FFX2 HD coming out in just under two weeks and the later to be released this year KH 2/Birth by sleep and I think Re: Coded, Square is getting a lot of games out in HD. I thought it would be interesting to talk about them as these releases are also international or final fix versions of their respective titles, which are all things that haven't been released outside of Japan until recently.

What I want to know, is what is everyone's take on all these HD games, all in their most content filled versions? Also, what other HD games would you like to see Square do? They released a lot of games on the PS2 and of course there's always talk of an FF7 HD remake amongst fans.

For me personally, I think it's awesome. My copy of the first KH game no longer worked on the PS2, as with my FFX. My KH2 was lost, and I don't have a charger with my PSP anymore. To me getting these things in HD on a blu-ray disc is nice. They are almost impossible to break and have multiple games. It's also cool that these release come with small artbooks if you pre-order them, and getting trophies for playing some of my favorite RPG's is a nice touch as well.

As for what other HD games they might make, we'll have to see, but besides FF12, I'd probably buy anything they'd HD up as they really seem to be going for the games fans enjoy most. Perhaps the success of these releases will also prompt a PS3/PS4 HD FF7? Who knows, we'll see.

Messages In This Thread
Square Enix HD Collection Discussion Thread - by RepentantSky - 03-06-2014, 02:03 AM