Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Odd ways you've gotten into great games.
(05-15-2014, 03:14 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 01:40 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: Actually it was before that, those games were when the bomb went off, what lite the fuse was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time along with the strategy guide. The artwork in that guide was beautiful. I even took it with me to elementary school to look at on break and read through the guide. Who ever said video games never helped with school. Hell reading the text in there and FF and Legend of the Dragoon and other RPG games that used text bubbles to have characters talk was a fantastic way to get a kid to read better else they will never know what the game is about or what the hell is going on.

Reading the guide before getting the game was such an amazing feeling for anticipation. Happened to me in '04 for San Andreas.

I had both the game and the strategy guide at the same time. Sad thing is, my brother both bought the game (with some of my money) and then sold it to a buddy of his for pennies of what it is worth. At the time I wasn't that good at the game, even with the guide. If I were to play it now I could beat the game no problem beyond a few moments with that stupid camera system.

I'm sure I could find a copy of LoZ:OoT for a decent price and maybe the strategy guide but I won't be doing that anytime soon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Odd ways you've gotten into great games. - by GameWizard001 - 05-15-2014, 05:10 PM