Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Have Video Games ever helped you in real life/taught you anything?
For me, playing games like Pokémon helped me to read, especially when I was young. I'd usually ask my mother if I didn't understand a word and that helped. I still remember asking her what "Crisis" meant after you help the head of Devon Corporation has to run since he has a "Crisis" on his hands. In a similar manner, playing games in general helped to improve my vocabulary at a young age for better or for worse.

Of course, random tidbits of information as well. Such as Albion being one of the oldest names for Great Britain thanks to Fable, even though they will be no use but weapon names/attachments/magazine's/ammo and other assortment of weapons.

Also, according to an American friend I play with online, I can imitate an American accent very well, mostly due to playing with Americans throughout my teenage years on Xbox Live. So that's always something.

How about you guys, or have Video Games just been a massive time sink for you?

Messages In This Thread
Have Video Games ever helped you in real life/taught you anything? - by retrolinkx - 07-24-2016, 12:37 AM