Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ARMS Direct Details
(05-20-2017, 08:10 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 07:31 AM)Berry Wrote: The presentation itself was pretty good, but ARMS is looking very weak and average. So weak, that I do not see the point in pushing this marketing wise. Just release it digital and put more effort into the new IPs next time around.

1. Ok, cool. Wanna explain why do you think ARMS looks weak and average?

2. I love how you wrote the latter half your post as it ARMS is going to be a commercial failure when it fact it looks like it's going to be the complete opossite. In fact, the game ins't even out yet and a fan-game based on it is being developed.

1. The reason why it looks weak and average is that the game is taking the "casual audience" approach and that it has less of a chance of being integrated into the proper competitive scene, something that most fighting games thrive on.
1A. "Casual Audience" approach is defined by the use of "gimmicks", such as the required use of the joy-cons. another game that uses the same functionality is the "1-2-SWITCH!", a game that has pretty much faded into obscurity.
1B. Another weak point that contributes and strengthen my statement explaining why the game is weak is that "ARMS", the title that Nintendo has baptized the game with, is not a standard fighting game but a 3d fighting game.
1B♧. 3D Fighting games are not proving to have sustainability, such as the Pokken Tournament for the Game Console formerly known as the WiiU.

2. I do not doubt that the game will be a commercial success, seeing that the Nintendo Switch does not offer much in variety of games. However, when you think Nintendo, you do not think of financial success but of legacy. I do not see ARMS being nothing but a game put out for the sake of gimmicks. It will merely have 15 seconds of fame and be ditched thereafter.
2A. The only fighting game that that is "worth" buying on the Switch is a retooled version of Street Fighter 2.
2B. Legacy as in Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox that has defined Nintendo.
2B♧. I am not saying that New IPs don't stand chance of being genre-defining, as Splatoon proved that it totally can.

3. Fan-made games are not an indication of a games success. Countless games have been "fan-made" and have become disappointing failures.
3A. I hope it gets a cease-and-desist letter :3
3A♧. I do not really mean it, it is merely a bad joke on my part. Just to lessen the tension of this argument.
3A♧●. Oh God, I seriously hope I did not jinx this fan-made game I just heard of. Nothing against those developers. SORRY!
3A♧●¥. I am not being sarcastic.....I'M NAUGHT!!

Messages In This Thread
ARMS Direct Details - by RepentantSky - 05-17-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: ARMS Direct Details - by Berry - 05-18-2017, 07:31 AM
RE: ARMS Direct Details - by RepentantSky - 05-18-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: ARMS Direct Details - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-20-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: ARMS Direct Details - by Berry - 05-20-2017, 10:17 PM
RE: ARMS Direct Details - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 05-21-2017, 09:31 AM