Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TES IV: Oblivion Easter Eggs and Cut Content Thread
I found a great YouTube channel called Publick Gamer who has a full playlist of videos that deal with removed Oblivion content, as well as them re-implementing these removed features into the final game to show how they would have worked. I will be dissecting as many of these videos as I can here to provide information for cut Oblivion content. Go and give them a like or subscription if you can, they've contributed a lot.

There is unused barter dialogue in the game's files that would have been used by merchants if they disliked you. This would have rendered the player unable to barter with them or receive repairs, as the merchant would refuse service. In the video, the merchant says "No service for the likes of you. Take a hike." 

Horse merchants have unused horse-merchant-specific dialogue that was cut. These lines are never used as you don't purchase horses through a barter menu like traditional items. The lines are "Need a new mount?" and "Looking to buy a horse? I have some fine animals for sale."
Cut Barter Dialogue

There is unused dialogue for Elven, Nord, Breton, and Redguard city guards that go unused due to all city guards being Imperials. 
Nord and Redguard Guards
Elven Guards
Breton Guards

There are unused lockpicking animations for NPCs that would have been used when NPCs lockpick locked chests or doors. This is a rare occurrence in-game and when it happens, the NPCs simply use the "activate" animation. There exists animations for locked chests on the ground as well as doors. 
Unused Lockpicking Animations

Unused NPC lines state that Velwyn Benirus could have died at some point, in association with the Benirus Manor quest.
Velwyn Benirus Death Lines

There exists dialogue and coding for an unused "Statlilia Stables" horse merchant that would have resided in the Imperial City. 
Statlilia Stables Dialogue

In "The Siren's Deception", the player would have only been fought by 2 of the women in Gweden Farm, with the third, Faustina, fleeing to the basement. There, the player would have had multiple dialogue options with her, and ultimately been able to spare her. In the final game, you must fight all 3 women, and the basement is inaccessible. These lines were found in the German version of the game.
The Sirens Deception Early

Messages In This Thread
RE: TES IV: Oblivion Easter Eggs and Cut Content Thread - by ClaudX - 05-08-2020, 11:10 AM