Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 9 take place in the same world?!
(08-10-2013, 02:28 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 02:25 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 02:13 PM)TheGenomePrincess Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 10:46 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: It's really not out of the possibilities for it to be true. Not sure if any of you knew this but FF9 is meant to be (more or less) an "Anniversary" game. The game was intended, in many ways, to be a salute to the history of the series. The Kefka laugh in the shop cage and ViVi looking like the typical Black Mage are a few examples. So it's really the far fetched of a fact.

Right, I understand they use a lot of cameos in their games (such as having a "Cid" in each one and as you mentioned Vivi taking on the classic black mage look)

However, seems to me that this is all too much of a coincidence to dismiss it as just an homage to the older games.

Something else I forgot to mention is that in the play "I want to be your canary", the princess's name is Cornelia....the kingdom's name in the first game.

I know what you are talking about, and I was saying the game is filled with these kinds of call backs and nods to the other games, so ether way it still is a fact.

Also in the play is this reference to the protagonists of VII and VIII:
[Image: Zidane_ref_Cloud_and_Squall.jpg]
You can use it if you want.

I get it. because they're all named after weather.

Goodness, I love FFIX's ending. I am such a sucker for romantic endings T_T

Right, but it seems more than "nods and call backs" to me. I respectfully disagree that it is only just that, and I do value other people's input and opinions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 9 take place in the same world?! - by TheGenomePrincess - 08-10-2013, 03:12 PM