Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo?
(09-14-2013, 08:34 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I'm one of the more vocal people against the Wii U but I guess I can explain why in detail here.

The Wii U sucks:
1) One of the biggest problems with the Wii U, a games console...is the games. There are hardly any games. What I love about Nintendo is that they mainly focus on being a games manufacturer. While Sony and Microsoft are beating their meat to make their consoles and all-in-one entertainment center, Nintendo are mainly about games; with the addition of some apps but nothing too out the way. This is also a problem however. Since Nintendo are all about games, it means the main reason to buy the Wii/Wii U is for games, if there are no games, you have a very shiny brick. The Wii U (NOW) has maybe 5 games worth playing: Lego City: Undercover, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, New Super Mario Bros and...I can't think of a 5th one, then you have a problem. The Wii U has been out for nearly a year now, and they have nothing to show for it. That's worryingly bad. Terrible in fact. For a company like Nintendo to have little to no games on a console is pathetic.

2) Their first party can only hold out so long. Yeah, you can buy a Wii knowing you'll get Zelda, Mario and Metroid but that's no reason to buy the console. The diversity isn't there. There's only so many times you can play a Mario game and still defend it or play a Zelda game and realise you're just going through the motions(no pun intended). I'm looking forward to the next Zelda on the Wii U because it's apparently going to be a big step for the series, which is what the series needed. Skyward Sword is easily one of the worst Zelda games in the series that I felt disappointed by.

3) Third party...where is it? Nintendo have little to no support from third party developers. If it's not that, then companies back out of the Wii U. Games like Aliens: Colonial Marines(Yeah it sucked) are cancelled before even getting a chance to be released and other games like Bioshock Infinite are nowhere to be seen.
The worst part about third party is that any game that is a damn awesome game and made by third party(Wonderful 101) is obviously not going to sell. The Wii U has a small install base. Not only that but you have to hope that-that install base are interested in your game. Fair enough you can make Wonderful 101, but you're making for a console that isn't selling and you have to hope that those who did buy it will buy your game, which is why I'm saying "INB4 Bayonetta fails to even hit 1 million".
(That being said Platinum Games never sell so...)
Not only that but games from the PS3 and Xbox AREN'T being ported to the Wii U. We've seen Tekken Tag Tournament 2/Assassins Creed 3 and that's fine...but that's all. No other company is going to move over their games to Wii U. Why buy a Wii U when Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is not coming to it...for no reason? Why not Ultra Street Fighter 4 for Wii U?

4) Nintendo suck at online. Fact. They just do. Whether Hardcore Nintendo fans(the Nintendo Defenders) like it not, Nintendo suck at online.
Online gaming really took off on console during LAST GEN with the Xbox 360. There's nothing wrong with Nintendo taking other companies ideas and incorporating it into their own console. We're nearly 10 years on from the Xbox 360's launch and we still have:
4a) -Basic friends lists
-No easy way of sending messages
-No easy way of sending game invites
-Hardly any level of social gaming
-No account system(this is easily the biggest piss take. If you lose your
Xbox/PS3/Vita, you have an account to recover and redownload you games or downloaded/bought content(films and music included)). The fact that Nintendo have NO ACCOUNT SYSTEM for the 3DS or Wii U is shameful, embarrassing actually. Lose your 3DS or Wii/ Wii U, oh well. No account system. Really Nintendo. You have the Wii U as a chance to redeem yourself over the Wii and you still make online a pain in the arse.
(Setting up games in Animal Crossing: New Leaf are tedious as hell which is why I never bother with it anymore) There is no option to host an open town. Just ask people to join, or add them as best friends to talk to them(stupid, why!?)

5) Timing.
Microsoft and Sony announce a new console with little to no details.
Nintendo decided to release the Wii U, but people like me are waiting to see what Microsoft and Sony have in store before putting money down on a Wii U. They bother offer more than the Wii U, so why bother buying one right away?

That's just a few reasons. I'm a huge fan of Nintendo but not a fan of fanboying it up and defending a company that's clearly made so many bullshit decisions and show a level of hubris that's almost insulting. It's not funny in the slightest that Nintendo made a console that's failing but they're brought it upon themselves. The name, the timing, the games etc it's their own fault.
So that's why people don't like the Wii U

There's actual legitimate reasons for why people don't like the Wii U and not because they consider themselves better or are console waring. I want a Wii U, but only because it says Nintendo on it. Why buy one? What does it offer that can compete with PS4 and Xbone aside from milking Mario and Zelda? I'd say this is a Dreamcast 2, but even then, the Dreamcast had games. Does anyone actually think the Wii U is a success at the moment?

Ok I agree for the most part. But what about the 3ds? It was launched at 2011 and the 3DS was suffering just like the Wii U is until one game that actually boosted the sales of it. Super Mario 3D Land.

Also next month is a release of games that will be worth it. Sonic Lost World. I have faith that game would be impressive. But think about it. If it weren't for Nintendo releasing their console earlier, Sony or Microsoft would have done that and you would criticize either one regardless.

Ok so forget the Wii U for a moment but what about Nintendo as a whole? Why do some people mop around saying that Nintendo is for losers when they got franchises like Fire Emblem, Metroid , Zelda and Starfox?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo? - by Artwark - 09-14-2013, 08:55 AM