Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo?
(09-14-2013, 09:49 AM)Artwark Wrote: Not to be rude here but what do you say about this?

Also how are you saying that graphics matter? If the gameplay is great, then the graphics will be great as well because they reflect the game mechanics. Yoshi's island had great gameplay and the gameplay is what presented the graphics of the game. The same for Donkey Kong Country. Rare wanted the gameplay to make a mixture of real and fun and the graphics are reflected to make them look gorgeous.

1)It's fine. It's not rude but a valid point. The only problem is that that article doesn't actually delve into the power of the Wii. It's a generic article that's not really for those into computer processing power(and it sounds like a PR article if anything).
This post here (which isn't about discussion) actually shows the Wii Us "power" and is well worth checking out.
The Wii U is able to output much more than the Xbox and PS3, but we'll see how it fairs out against the Xbone and PS4.

2)Graphics do matter though, but I don't think we're talking about the same graphics. I'm talking about graphic capabilities, not graphic style and we can use your games as examples:
What Donkey Kong Country looks like on Wii (480pish):
[Image: Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns-6.jpg]
What Donkey Kong Country looks like on Dolphin (1080p):
[Image: sf8e0111.jpg]

Or:
[Image: guesswhicho6lk.jpg]

I'm completely fine with the graphic style of games. But if the Wii had the processing power of the Xbox 360 and PS3, then we could've had games looking like those above. Hopefully you understand my point of 'wanting better graphics' and why graphics do infact matter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo? - by BumblebeeCody - 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM