Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo?
(09-15-2013, 10:25 AM)Artwark Wrote: Wow I can't believe you guys are so into Frame rates and other stuff that many are probably not going to care about. I can't believe a single 1080p issue is what ruins a game experience.

So if you like played Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2, you won't enjoy it because of it running at 720p? What a freak! I'm glad I don't complain about this stuff like you guys!

Hmm not really my point(I don't think anyone elses either). I'm only going to talk for myself, but it doesn't ruin the experience. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are still absolutely incredible games. Two of the best games of last gen with memorable moments(Luigi Purple Coin challenge).

But I have to stress my point in that Nintendo should've opted in to have high end graphics cards. There is no downside to making a console instead of living in their own bubble. Make motion controls the focus point, but there isn't any reason to not rival the Xbox and PS3 in the graphics department as well. It means those who owned a Wii would've have to miss out on the amazing games that came to the Xbox 360 and PS3 like Mass Effect, Alice: Madness, Catherine, Street Fighter 4 etc. Wii owners deserve to be treated to the games above like everyone else, but the hardware doesn't allow for it, and that's Nintendos own fault. They alienated their own fanbase by making an inferior system and doing their own thing.
If Mario Galaxy looked like this:
[Image: 2lbkuok.jpg]
Then Nintendo would be the top dog.
At least Nintendo fixed this with the Wii U and it's a stunning 1080p console(Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 look incredible). It also compliments the artists intention and doesn't butcher their work. Again, the games don't need a single change made to them - the hardware does.

The way I see it. If I had £40($60) and I wanted Okami/No More Heroes. I'd buy the PS3/Xbox 360 version over the Wii version because of what game offers on that platform. HD, online, leaderboards, achievements/trophies, account unlockables(avatar costumes, wallpapers etc). For the same amount of money, you get more on that platform. There's no need to settle for less. Nintendo not rivalling other companies is their own downfall and why they're in a pit that they're in.

I don't see the point in defending Nintendo on obviously bad business decisions. They're the only company that have consistently (by fans) have been given a pass on: poor hardware, consumer service, weak software library and milking of games.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo? - by BumblebeeCody - 09-15-2013, 12:15 PM