Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo?
(09-15-2013, 08:18 PM)Koopaul Wrote: People who hate Nintendo also seem to not notice (or choose to not notice) some of the great games that come out.

A minor example: I never once heard Nintendo Land mentioned under the good Wii U games, despite it being an incredible game. The problem is image. Nintendo Land doesn't look like a good game, it looks childish and gimmicky, right? But in fact it's actually a stunningly good game with a lot more content than it seems.

Now that's just one game, but throughout Nintendo's history people fail to notice these gems or disregard them as trash.

Perfect reason why I still buy Nintendo consoles. If I didn't have Wii, then I wouldn't have come across incredible(third party exclusive) games such as: No More Heroes and 2(Though 1 went multiplatform), Mad World, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Conduit, Muramasa: Demon Blade(Though that's coming to Vita...why?), The Last Story and of course, all of the first party titles. I still go to my friends house with other people were we play Mario Party 7, 8 and 9.
The Wii had some amazing games that never came out to other consoles. THe only problem being that they were few in amount and the distance between each release didn't want me returning to my Wii as much as I did with the Xbox/PS3.

(09-15-2013, 11:16 PM)Artwark Wrote: Ok i apologize for the harsh comment. But still, now that the Wii U runs in HD, third party devs can now make games out of it. If they don't want to use a tablet, then they can use the pro controller instead. So why can't they do that?

Because Nintendo generally don't have an open platform. If you make a game on their system you have to abide by their rules. Why they don't use the pro-controller only? I can only think of a few weak reasons.
1) Basically an on-screen mouse to make quick interaction on screen
2) Games like Wonderful101 have a game that's centered about drawing, which the Wii U gamepad is perfect for(Which oddly backfires when they allow you to use the right thumbstick instead and use pro controllers... so it's no really needed)

No idea really. In all honesty, when you think about the Wii U gamepad it's more of a convenience than necessity. Games like Arkham City and Darksiders 2 came out on the other platforms first which didn't use a touch screen controller. Games like Wonderful 101 or WWHD have alternative options for doing the game design or just display an inventory.

A shame really. I think the Gamepro controller is one of the best design game controllers ever (along with the GameCube and Xbox 360).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo? - by BumblebeeCody - 09-16-2013, 07:06 AM