Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo?
(09-16-2013, 08:22 AM)CLXcool Wrote: Maybe the reason why everyone is hating the Wii U is because they fear the ''change'' it will cause in the video game industry? If you think about it, whenever something nobody expects comes into play often times people would be afraid of it. And would criticize it to make themselves feel good. I for one, played the Wii u at a friends house. I've loved it(if anyone wonders what I played, I've played Ducktales Remastered and Super Mario bros Wii U for it).

Nintendo is doing what every business is(well, some of the time depending on what business of course) exploring new ideas for entertainment. Remember how Steve Jobs pitched about the Ipod as 'a way to bring music on the go' and everyone laughed at his idea? Well, guess what, its one of the known products from Apple. I saw the Wii U control as Nintendo taking a few notes from Apple regarding on the touch screen of both Ipod and Iphones in general. With the things that can be used for gaming with the Wii U the ideas are endless for it.

I agree. But this is why Nintendo having the Apple level of mentality is their own downfall. Nintendo are within a much tighter competitive industry than smart phones. Apple are the exact same when it comes to computing. They live inside their own bubble of smugness while Windows is a very open platform that isn't buckled down by the company that made it. When you buy an Apple product you have to stick with their way of thinking, outside of the industry.

Gaming however is the same but because the industry is nowhere even close to being as expansive as operating systems, they can't afford to go and down their own thing. Nintendo can add all the stuff they want like motion controls and a gamepad screen, but at the risk of the alienating an entire player base to play by their rules.

Sony and Microsoft can be given titles like Tekken Tag 2, Catherine, Battlefield 4, Watch_Dogs because they make a system that's similar in hardware and able to compete and have that level of compatibility. Nintendo keeping all the toys to themselves and to then finish their Wii console 2 years ago, while Microsoft and Sony still have their two coming out with support for the PS3 and Xbox 360 still going only makes Nintendo look worse off(which they currently are. You only have to look at the Wii U sales to see the evidence).

(09-16-2013, 08:34 AM)Artwark Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 07:06 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Because Nintendo generally don't have an open platform. If you make a game on their system you have to abide by their rules. Why they don't use the pro-controller only? I can only think of a few weak reasons.
1) Basically an on-screen mouse to make quick interaction on screen
2) Games like Wonderful101 have a game that's centered about drawing, which the Wii U gamepad is perfect for(Which oddly backfires when they allow you to use the right thumbstick instead and use pro controllers... so it's no really needed)

No idea really. In all honesty, when you think about the Wii U gamepad it's more of a convenience than necessity. Games like Arkham City and Darksiders 2 came out on the other platforms first which didn't use a touch screen controller. Games like Wonderful 101 or WWHD have alternative options for doing the game design or just display an inventory.

A shame really. I think the Gamepro controller is one of the best design game controllers ever (along with the GameCube and Xbox 360).

But with Unity now, they say that its much easier to make games on Nintendo now.
so how in.....never mind.

Well atleast we get potential games next month like Lost world(Believe me that game looks really impressive!)

Unity doesn't make it easier to make games, it just means that Nintendo are willing to accept Unity publications. I program in Unity myself and love it. Good to see Nintendo taking on this application.

Lost World does look like a fun Sonic Game. I just don't like the powerup mechanics. Though I'll end up playing it later.

GTA V coming out later tonight. Where's the Wii U version?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo? - by BumblebeeCody - 09-16-2013, 10:36 AM