Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Should I get fire emblem awakening?
As a fan of the series, I can safely say that, no, playing the other games is not necessary to enjoy Fire Emblem: Awakening. I won't spoil the story, but while there are references and a certain character from previous games, they are rather meaningless since the story Awakening tells is largely self-contained within its own mythology, even with the aforementioned character.

As for what it's about, the main goal is to defeat all the enemies on a map and avoid losing units. there's a ton of depth behind it all, like the support system, Dual Strike (a reference to the first DS Advance Wars game) and so on, as well as a plethora of content, not counting DLC.

Awakening is the best in the series mechanically, but as an experience, Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance rank higher overall. If you're new to the series, it's perfect for you, with a casual mode so that losing units in one doesn't cause them to disappear throughout the entire game, and a much better tutorial than Fire Emblem.

Messages In This Thread
Should I get fire emblem awakening? - by Artwark - 09-16-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: Should I get fire emblem awakening? - by CazTheGamerGuy - 10-13-2013, 08:33 PM