Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Youtube's action agaisnt video games
It's why I don't bother with putting time into YouTube videos. I've said it to people before, I do YouTube videos as bordem kinda thing. I'll make the odd one video that times time and effort to create and edit, but would never push myself into taking it seriously. The reason being is that YouTube is a unstable form of rewards.

There are people like who make BS videos and gain attention whereas people who work their arse off with capture cards, commentary, buying the latest games and consoles only to have a couple of views followed by them spamming places wanting attention(See that one forum member). Then there are people like AngryJoe/Boogie2899/TotalBiscuit etc who LIVE on YouTube and need the money generated from videos "survive". It's a business. But, as I've said before, it's unstable. You never get the full reward for the effort you put in. YouTube has always had a terrible content ID matching system and therefore, causes people to lose money or have to go through BS just to have their video free for all viewers.

I'm not saying, "you deserve this" but seriously, get a proper job until YouTube becomes a stable financial source of income. It's unfair to say that, but to even deny it, especially with this recent YouTube copyright system only further proves my point.

Why worry that the content you uploaded is going to get: re-uploaded somewhere else, flagged, falsely claimed, taken down, worry about SOPA/PIPA and now earning less from videos? Until YouTube is an actual business, it's kinda you're own fault for gambling on this YouTube monetisation.

Do I agree with what's happening? No
But this is far from the last time people like AngryJoe are going to get pissed at this and that's only because they live on YouTube.

Messages In This Thread
Youtube's action agaisnt video games - by CLXcool - 12-13-2013, 08:20 AM
RE: Youtube's action agaisnt video games - by BumblebeeCody - 12-13-2013, 12:20 PM