Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)
What was your first video game that you can remember?
My first one was an awesome Chess game where once you landed on a piece's space you had to battle them. Each piece fought differently like, if I remember correctly, the Pawns were slow and had a short-range melee attack with 1 HP...
The rooks were fast, but only had a weak ranged attack (I think they were actually 'archers' in the game, not rooks); also only 1 HP.
Knights had a ranged attack, but only if their health was full (Legend of Zelda style), otherwise they were like a faster pawn and had 3 HP.
The Bishop had a strong ranged attack and 1 HP.
The King was like a slower version of the knight, but only had 2 HP.
And the Queen was like a Bishop, but with 3 HP.

It was played on some kind of computer-drive thingy. You just plugged it into a television set and put in a 6.14inch floppy disk with the game on it. It may have been made by Zenith, however that may have just been the brand of TV we had it plugged into.
It was all black and white (although so was the TV so who knows, game might have been in color?).

Beyond that it was Breakout for the Atari 2600 and then we move up to the original NES Mario/Duck Hunt combination.

The first game I ever bought (with my parent's money, mind you...I was like 4 or 5) was Predator for the NES. Huge fan of the movie and the game was...playable.
The first game I ever bought with my own money was a tie between Altered Beast and Chakahn the Forever Man for the Sega Genesis.

That should cover just about everything. :)

Edit:
Oh and of course my own little motif...
The first samurai game I ever played was actually Shogun: Total War. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was your first video game that you can remeber? - by SamuraiGaiden - 01-31-2016, 04:47 PM