Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(03-21-2015, 09:34 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 07:53 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Man, the first Metal Gear Solid had such an interesting soundtrack compared to the rest, it had that "complex" theme that games like Half Life and Metroid had. I guess Kojima was still in his Snatcher and OG Metal Gear stages in terms of music.

Echoes, Metallic electronic music and long eerie tracks that really made it feel like you were in huge danger in Shadow Moses.

Man, it's gotta be my favourite, even though I love 2 a much as I loved 1 I really think it's my favourite of the series, and I played it third (after 2 and 3).

One of my favourite parts is still the last few moments of the game where Spoiler:Campbell is replaced by Houseman and your mission is considered a failure as he launches a nuclear strike on Shadow Moses and you have to escape.

I like the fact that Spoiler:it's still part of the final battle since Liqid is on your heels the whole way through your escape. I hold on to the opinion that the MGS seires are horrible games to play but great games to watch someone else play. This game really proves that point. Kojima makes great movies and I want to see what he'll make now that he's gone from Konami and the Metal Gear name.

Nah, the Metal Gear games are great to play once you understand exactly how to play them. Like when I played MGS2 for the first time, I played on Very Easy, died fuck tons of times and it still took me 14 hours to complete, and going through MGS3, 1 and 4 took tons of time and I know I played them all incorrectly, but upon playing them again/helping my brother during bits it becomes such a fun game to play since I know how to hold up guards, fuck them over, do stupid shit to make a section easier. The game stops being about doing the mission but rather to mess around and have fun until you find yourself at the end of the section.

Heh, so I found something interesting that I might submit as trivia but anyhow.

So, in Metal Gear Solid 4 Kojima had a co-writer who wrote Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, now what's important about this is that PO's story is mainly about "Nanomachines" and through this Nanomachines became a big part of MGS4's story....well....it was the story, everything was nanomachines.

Anyhow, if you've ever wondered why Master Chief's armour changed from Halo 3 to Halo 4 while he was in Cryo sleep on a ship drifting in space there is apparently a system where his suit upgrades itself using Nanomachines when he cryo sleeps along with some help from Cortana.

What's interesting about this is that....

Spoiler:The guy who co-wrote MGS4 also wrote Halo 4's story

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by retrolinkx - 03-22-2015, 06:07 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM