Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Free games that are worth your time
Here's another I can't believe I forgot about:
Armagetron Advanced:
Remember the Tron films? And the crazy lightcycle battles? Well, this is a free game entirely based on that and it's super addicting. However, there is a massive difference between this and the movie: rubber. It's a mechanic that was added to deal with lag at first (yes, it's an online game) but it exploded into multiple game types. I've been playing the game since 2008 and still find it great. With rubber, you can touch an enemies' wall and have a time limit before you explode. So, you have no rubber servers where touching a wall=instant death, low rubber where you have just a little leeway and high rubber servers where you can touch a wall for 10 seconds or so before blowing up. As a result, high rubber servers involve building intricate mazes with your own tail to trap your oppenent in and they slowly hit more and more walls. Then, there are Fortress modes where there a two teams and each has to protect a base at low rubber, Sumo mode where you kill your opponents by forcing them out of a circle decreasing in size, racing modes, capture the flag, paintball and so much stuff! It's got an awesome community also. Check it out:
http://armagetronad.org/
Man, I'm getting really nostalgic about this thing now. It's been waaaaay too long since I really played it... Back in the day, I even wrote a web comic about the community...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free games that are worth your time - by CosmykTheDolfyn - 10-07-2014, 01:41 PM