Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Anyone know some Japan exclusives?
Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Black Panther: Like a Dragon New Chapter),and Kurohyō 2: Ryū ga Gotoku Ashura hen (Black Panther 2: Like a Dragon Ashura Chapter) are pair of PSP games released in 2010 and 2012 respectively. As the name suggest, Kurohyō is a spin-off of the Ryu ga Gotoku/Like a Dragon series (know simply as 'Yakuza' in the west); the games are known as Yakuza: Black Panther by western fans. While the original Yakuza series mainly focuses on over-the-top battles against multiple opponents, Kurohyō takes a more realistic, 1-on-1 approach.

Considering how the Yakuza series is experiencing a "golden age" here in the west, it would be a good idea to talk about these games in a Region Locked episode, I'm sure it would atract a very good amount of viewers. I know the games were briefly mentioned in the Region Locked episode on Yakuza Ishin, but I'm not talking about just a mention. I'm talking about a whole episode for these two games.

The game was developed by Syn Sophia (formely AKI Corporation), the same studio behind the Def Jam games.

EDIT: something I forgot to mention is that Kurohyō 1 recieved a live-action TV adaptation, it aired from October 5 to December 21, 2010.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone know some Japan exclusives? - by Berry - 11-11-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: Anyone know some Japan exclusives? - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 10-28-2020, 10:27 PM