Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon movies.
A lil' bit too young to go see the first few in theaters, but I always caught them when they were on TV and mannnnnn was I hyped for the Lucario movie when I was a kid.

Looking back now, most of them aren't objectively that good and have their fair share of problems, but a handful are still really strong movies on their own. Pokemon 3 (the one with entei) is legitimately a fantastic movie even if you don't know anything about the franchise, the Celebi one is packed full of great moments even if the ending doesn't fit at all, and the first one is a classic in spite of weird tonal issues. I also friggen love the animated shorts before each of the older movies, which were mostly dialogue-less stories of Pokemon just dicking around. They really fleshed out the world and made me think that they're not just blocks of stats to hit other blocks with.

Most recently I watched the newer one with Hoopa which was the equivalent of a kid taking all of his Pokemon toys and smashing them together for 90 minutes and it sorta sucked.

Messages In This Thread
Pokémon movies. - by retrolinkx - 08-29-2017, 06:21 AM
RE: Pokémon movies. - by Kakariko Kid - 08-29-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Pokémon movies. - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-29-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: Pokémon movies. - by Arjahn - 08-29-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: Pokémon movies. - by CLXcool - 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Pokémon movies. - by Psychospacecow - 08-29-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: Pokémon movies. - by Berry - 08-30-2017, 07:16 PM