Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Where do you see this site in 5 years?
(01-21-2018, 03:26 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 01:37 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: As for the chat, I guess the discord counts.

Personally, I'm not into the Discord format. If I've missed some discussion then all I can do is just switch pages and that's it, whereas in Discord I have to scroll infinitely.

I'm with you here, actually. I really wish forums weren't dying as a primary means of communication online but unfortunately, the trend is real-time chat. Platforms like Discord are great for quick interaction directly with members of the community but I really love the forum format for more in-depth conversation.

As for the site getting smaller, it definitely has but I think that again, it's largely due to the decline of forums as a whole and the inability to find anyone to go through submissions with the appropriate background who will actually stick around for more than a month or two. This site had huge potential to be integral in creating new DYKG videos (which was really its original purpose) but it's kind of stagnated and isn't really able to fulfill that role at this point.

Still, I do like smaller communities where everyone is comfortable with everyone and there's a general laid-back atmosphere. I've been a member of huge forums where it's difficult to keep up with everything going on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where do you see this site in 5 years? - by Petie - 01-21-2018, 04:28 PM