Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo?
(09-14-2013, 08:55 AM)Artwark Wrote: Ok I agree for the most part. But what about the 3ds? It was launched at 2011 and the 3DS was suffering just like the Wii U is until one game that actually boosted the sales of it. Super Mario 3D Land.
Exactly, the 3DS had an OK line up and had slow momentum throughout it's first year, BUT, during it's first year it still had games such as StarFox 3DS, DoA: Dimensions, Ocarina of Time 3D, Tales of Abyss, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil: Mercenaries, Rayman 2, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3DS AND every single DS backlog ready to play WITH the inclusion of being able to play new DS games that year and onwards.
The Wii died after Skyward Sword and there wasn't any major release after 2011. So the Wii U had the Wiis (decentish) backlog but nothing new to keep playing while the Wii U was new. The 3DS already had a huge library and constant new release. This year aloe for 3DS has been amazing. Great titles.

(09-14-2013, 08:55 AM)Artwark Wrote: Also next month is a release of games that will be worth it. Sonic Lost World. I have faith that game would be impressive. But think about it. If it weren't for Nintendo releasing their console earlier, Sony or Microsoft would have done that and you would criticize either one regardless.
Completely agree. Timing is everything. Imagine if Nintendo didn't kill the Wii off 2 years ago but instead released the Wii U this year. It would give them time to add features we want such as an account system or better online. Not only that but release a huge library of awesome games at once making it a strong launch line up. But because they rushed out a console, they have nothing to show for it. A couple of games...and that's it. I'd say the exact same if it was Sony and Microsoft, but the PS3 and Xbox are both still going extremely strong with titles still come out for it such as GTA V in a few days. Those consoles are still very much important but Nintendo "killed" the Wii too early and that console had none of the third party titles that the Xbox 360 and PS3 have.

*side note* I was exicited for Sonic Lost World until I heard it was a Wii U exclusive, lost more interest when the gameplay came out and it looked like a watered down Sonic Generations with Mario Galaxy platforming (which we don't need) then completely lost interest when showed the stupid (gameplay-slowing-breaking) jellyfish powerups. Meh. Obviously not fact and just my opinion so if you're excited for it, that's cool.

(09-14-2013, 08:55 AM)Artwark Wrote: Ok so forget the Wii U for a moment but what about Nintendo as a whole? Why do some people mop around saying that Nintendo is for losers when they got franchises like Fire Emblem, Metroid , Zelda and Starfox?

Because Nintendo live in their own bubble that stinks of their own fart. The make a console like the Wii and it's graphically under powered. Yeah people can bitch at me all they want, but the fact is, graphics do matter. If you don't give the developer the graphics power to make the games they want, you end up with watered down titles like Sonic Unleashed, Okami, Dead Space: Extraction or No More Heroes. Nintendo deciding to underpower the Wii was their own problem. It didn't have the graphical power and it was in HD. 480p is also pretty meh and I bought specific cables to make it look nice on a HD TV, but only by a small margin.

Now they've done the same with the Wii U. Released a console a year ahead of the others and expected developers to start making games for it. You'd think Nintendo would've learned from their mistakes but nope. We still have a generic shop. A basic level of social gaming between friends and sending message, no account system, hardly any games and I think, only 1 game with online.

All Nintendo do is pump out the same game series such as: Fire Emblem, Metroid , Zelda and Starfox and that's it. I'll buy a Wii U for them... and that's all it's good for. It's been a year and we haven't seen them. We're still waiting for a release date on Zelda WW HD and nothing else for the other games have been mentioned. We've got NSMBWii U, but one game isn't enough. Again, people may not like it, but third party is just as important of which the Wii U has none.
People give Activision shit for releasing CoD every year but all Nintendo fans are the same games and it's fine when they do. Why is that? The last new IP from Nintendo was Pikmin....10 years ago....on the GameCube.

(09-14-2013, 09:09 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Granted, I'm being optimistic and hoping that the WiiU does get some better games. While I can see that happening soon (especially with Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101), that does not mean it's above criticisms nor does it excuse me for not being a big fan of the console (not that I really dislike it anyways).
I agree. I think everyone should play Wonderful 101. It's bloody amazing.

I have to make it clear as well, I love Nintendo, but the Wii was a fad that relied on it's motion controls to sell, and it did. But after a year, it faded and then you just wanted to play games. I want to play a Wii U. I like the 3DS though.

Edit: Serious question(not a smartarse rhetorical question either)
To those who own a Wii U, how often do you play the system?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo? - by BumblebeeCody - 09-14-2013, 09:19 AM