Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo?
(09-14-2013, 06:25 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Uh, I don't know about Microsoft, but Sony said that they're rather have 60 frames than 1080p this time round.

I remember they said that for Battlefield 4, cause it ran at 720p/60fps, and I believe Killzone ran at 1080p at 30 frames.

Also, don't believe Sony's lies.

Fair and best to remain cautious. But they(both Sony and Microsoft) have stated they're aiming for 4K with Xbone shipping with a 4K lead, even though it may not be for games, the compatibility is still there(TV, Blu-ray etc).

PS3 games are either 720 or 1080 but Xbox can only be 720p as it's only a 1080p console(despite what some people think).

(09-15-2013, 04:01 AM)Artwark Wrote: I can say that Nintendo is trying to not use too much of resources just to give the console a fun experience. The Gamecube , Wii and N64 didn't do really well compared to Sony products but sure as hell had games that revolutionized the industry. Luigi's Mansion back then had great graphics and it ran smooth same as Dark Moon.
The PS1 yes, but the PS2 is actually the weakest console of that generation. The Dreamcast was a much more powerful machine able to give better output than the PS2. What bothers me about the 3DS is that the anti-aliasing is terrible. Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X and Y and other games with a distinct art style have horrible "jaggies". The iPhone doesn't even have that level of quality.

(09-15-2013, 04:01 AM)Artwark Wrote: Maybe Nintendo doesn't want to compete with Sony or Microsoft. Maybe the're only concerned about the people who can't afford expensive things like PS3, 360 etc or who could afford but are not sure of where to begin.Maybe they want to make their games as friendly as possible so that their philosophy will always work. Maybe Nintendo is caring more about its consumers than other gamers. If they were serious, they would've released Starfox or F-Zero as soon as the Wii U launched.

Fair point. The only problem is that the (I can only speak for UK) Wii U was released with a price of £200 - £350
The PS4 has a retail price of £350.
So Nintendo have already made a console that's just as expensive as the PS4 so if you're looking for a cheap console this generation, it's not going to happen(going by launch prices. The Wii U now has had a price drop). It also backfires on Nintendo when a lot of the Wii U games are ports of Xbox 360 and PS3 games. So you may as well buy a cheap Xbox 360/PS3 for £100 and play all those games than buy a Wii U. Even if they didn't want to compete with Sony and Microsoft, they indirectly have by making the console the same price as the PS4 with less to offer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is everyone hating the WiiU and Nintendo? - by BumblebeeCody - 09-15-2013, 05:37 AM