Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
If you had a large plot of land...
If you had a large plot of land and a good amount of money to invest in it, what would you do to your own little chunk of earth?

Personally, I would build a small concrete walled facility with an indoor shooting range, and a nice workshop, a dug-out bunker, dedicated to providing good network, wifi, and in emergencies, its a bunker. Then, work on living accommodations and dedicate a spot of the land for rent with its own little neighborhood. Good internet hardwired in with a decent country spot and a neighborhood shooting range? YES.

So, what say you?
Your plan actually sounds like a good one! For me, I'd likely build the castle I've been joking about with friends for years. I don't have too many specific plans but I do know that I'd want a proper castle town, where friends could live within the castle walls. And a moat. One day...
ROLLER SKATING RINK.

We used to have an amazing one here, which was shut down and made into a church ;_;

It was a huge rink that was well taken care of and employees used to skate around and yell at the kids who weren't hugging the side like they were supposed to if they couldn't skate yet, or if they were cutting people off. There were also awesome disco lights that would sometimes come on and the music was always terrific.

Their snack bar was cheap, but the food was always worth it. Oh, and I loved the family atmosphere. Adults could still have plenty of fun, but it was safe for the kids, too. I'd want to recreate that.
I have 80 acres of land... Just not the money. But, living on so much forest makes me hate the idea of chopping any of it down, so I'd leave most of it up. But, I'd love to build a massive, wooden skatepark. With a single roller coaster. And a mansion of a home, built entirely underground. An elevator that looks like the Tardis from Doctor Who would be the only way in or out of my underground labyrinth beneath the rolling ramps and bowls.
If I had the funds to maintain, and keep it running until I die (and possible beyond the grave). An arcade.

If I could keep it running no matter the cost, I'd allow for the public to come and play any of the games they wish, from Pong to Polybius Virtua Cop for free, I'd have other facilities in there as well, such as a place to buy and eat food, maybe buy old consoles and games, places for tournaments things like that. If cost was a problem, I would make people pay for the machines and such (they would obviously pay for food, and stuff in both cases).

It would be open from 12am till 11pm or so, it'd be a place to hang out, a place to do whatever really. I'd own it, and probably try and get high scores on all the machines there, just to have it.

Hell, I'd even make things like Birthday party specials and stuff, wouldn't you love to go to someone's birthday at an arcade where the food, and games were all free?

I also try to make sure this fucking Government could not tear it down for at least 100 years, they would love to take my land and build some council housing here.
(10-28-2013, 08:08 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: If I had the funds to maintain, and keep it running until I die (and possible beyond the grave). An arcade.

If I could keep it running no matter the cost, I'd allow for the public to come and play any of the games they wish, from Pong to Polybius Virtua Cop for free, I'd have other facilities in there as well, such as a place to buy and eat food, maybe buy old consoles and games, places for tournaments things like that. If cost was a problem, I would make people pay for the machines and such (they would obviously pay for food, and stuff in both cases).

It would be open from 12am till 11pm or so, it'd be a place to hang out, a place to do whatever really. I'd own it, and probably try and get high scores on all the machines there, just to have it.

Hell, I'd even make things like Birthday party specials and stuff, wouldn't you love to go to someone's birthday at an arcade where the food, and games were all free?

I also try to make sure this fucking Government could not tear it down for at least 100 years, they would love to take my land and build some council housing here.

Don't be offended but that sounds like a free Chuck e' Cheese.
I like it.
I actually owned quite a bit of forest but I sold it all. Mmm.... Money.

In any case, I'd build the Spencer Mansion.

[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]
I'd build a mansion with the same layout as the one from Luigi's Mansion. Fence off the perimeter of the area. I'd also have an arcade, but in an area where I'd let people in. It'd be basic, put a quarter in for a credit and play some Pacman or House of the Dead, none of that token bullshit.

And just for funsies, it'd be zombie-resistant.
I would build a show ground for horse competition. With all weather surfaces, and 5 star facilities. I'm assuming that funding is limitless. LOL
Failing that, I'd build a castle. Pete stole my idea.
I'd make a Bemani/fighters/driving Arcade that was connected to a Cafe were we sold delicious food and drinks for the players.

I'd likely then build a second story which would be my home, and an attic for home storage things, and a separate room connected to the arcade where I could work on machines and stuff if I just got them and/or needed a fix more then just a button replace.
I would do about a million different things. I would finally make my The Sims house a reality!

-A nice, fairly large home, fit for holidays and birthday parties.
-A bunker (of course)
-Skate park area for my brother and his buddies to blade.
-Pool and hot tub.
-Woodsy area with a walkway and area to read books surrounded by flowers and other plants.
-Woodsy-er area with tree houses and walkways (if big enough, trails for 4 wheelers)
-Large, fenced in area for pets to have room to run and play, without fear of them running off.
-If i'm far enough away from neighbors, I really want an area for bands to play.
I'd dig a trench and fill it with cheese sauce.
Think about it.
Think about it.
THINK
(11-03-2013, 04:02 PM)Arjahn Wrote: I'd dig a trench and fill it with cheese sauce.
Think about it.
Think about it.
THINK

I thought about it... And... Uhh...

Its the best idea I have ever heard. Why arn't you president?!
(11-05-2013, 08:13 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 04:02 PM)Arjahn Wrote: I'd dig a trench and fill it with cheese sauce.
Think about it.
Think about it.
THINK

I thought about it... And... Uhh...

Its the best idea I have ever heard. Why arn't you president?!

The mice got into the cheese and tainted it, ruining his election campaign.
I'd build a nice little country mansion, complete with a pool & water slide.
Make a pretty vineyard and a nice winery with a loft apartment above the winery (the one winery I went to had a high ceiling so I assume they're all tall). Hire a winemaker and house him in the loft.
Watch my investment reap me a nice pile of backup money, and enjoy the growing wine cellar.
Build a quaint barn and fence off some land. Invest in some goats (nothing too fancy though, the fancy goat market is in shambles right now) and begin a goat cheese business. Sell to the foodies, who will come for the cheese but get wine to go with it while they're there.
Raise a brood of children, chickens and a vegetable garden.
Live long and happily.
uwu