Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Video game typos
Try finding a picture of when a video game messes up with words see anyone you can i cant find a pc for this but Mr. X HAS Faild
Part of me is trying to figure out if this post is purposefully ironic. I can't understand what you're asking...

Great example of bad translation, at least.
All of Zero Wing.

I don't know if we're going for typos or Blind Idiot translations in general, but either way FFVII is the absolute king:

•Legendary sentence from the English version:
[Image: This-guy-are-sick.jpeg]

•Most infamous sentence of the hilarious Spanish translation:
[Image: Cap13_586.jpg]

For those who don't understand Spanish, "Allévoy" is the mother of all typos, it was suposed to say "Allá voy" (Here I come) but ended up being gibberish.

•Also, this:
[Image: 1375849035448.jpg]

I love typos and mistranslations, I usually find them pretty hilarious and they are everywhere.
How could I forget my favorite misspelling.

[Image: i_feel_asleep.png]
[Image: tumblr_mafeqkrt7m1qbn3hqo1_500.png]

[Image: tumblr_mvgjq8mCZX1r85d4oo1_500.jpg]
[Image: ngbbs403ef1a285fa7.gif]

The whole unverse is at stake!
^No! Not the unverse!

(10-29-2013, 08:20 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mvgjq8mCZX1r85d4oo1_500.jpg]

I remember that part! Couldn't stop laughing.
(10-30-2013, 04:04 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: ^No! Not the unverse!

(10-29-2013, 08:20 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mvgjq8mCZX1r85d4oo1_500.jpg]

I remember that part! Couldn't stop laughing.

That face with it though.
[Image: harvestmoon64.png]
Spelling your own companys name wrong.
*Natsume

Capcom...
Can't spell their own game right:
[Image: RER-Misprint.jpg]

*Revelations

Can't spell their own game mode right
[Image: original.png]

*Mercenaries

Or their own name
[Image: SYshC.png]
(10-29-2013, 08:20 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mafeqkrt7m1qbn3hqo1_500.png]

You reminded me of this:

[Image: markdancedcrazy.png]

Also, Why did they turn Mark black in the US PSX version and then turned him back to white in the PSP remake? That is what's crazy, not the dance XD
He does look like he'd dance crazy.

On Cody's topic of Capcom games, here's one of my favorite typos in games. It's from Commando.
[Image: commando-3.png] [Image: commando-4.png]

On a side note, I can't believe they actually got "congratulations" right since that's propably the most misspelled word in games. No idea what's up with the hearts there.
(10-30-2013, 07:22 AM)Gallego13 Wrote: You reminded me of this:

[Image: markdancedcrazy.png]

Also, Why did they turn Mark black in the US PSX version and then turned him back to white in the PSP remake? That is what's crazy, not the dance XD

The PSP remake was the original unaltered version while the PS1 had extremely odd changes and even the Snow Queen quest removed. It is the only MegaTen related game I have no interest in finding and I'm so happy the remake came out.
Tamagotchi for Game Boy:

[Image: h7E784252]

I flash the toilet every time I go to the bathroom, what are you talking about?