Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Movies you hate
So, I was watching this video,

and it got me thinking. There are a lot of bad movies aren't there?

Share the movies you don't like here.
I'm not talking so bad its good, I mean just flat out bad.
I saw one yesterday while on lunch break called "The Mechanic" and man was it horrible. First 15 minutes had no dialogue, and then when the characters started talking, I honestly wished they hadn't. The acting was horrible.
You want worst? I got a list for you right here. Even reasons.

The Room- I couldn't finish watching it, I can't believe my brother talked me into seeing it.
Speed-Racer-the live-action film, I'm not even a fan of the original cartoon and I thought it sucked.
Alvin and the chipmunks- the live-action hybrids, I can't believe people are dumb enough to watch this crap. If I want a chipmunks movie, I'd watch The Chipmunk Adventure, which is a much better movie for the kids and adults.
The Smurfs- Like the chipmunks, I can't believe people saw this. They should have spend their dough on seeing Winnie the Pooh(a much better film that deserved the cash) than this blue shitfest.
Quest For Camelot- Worst animated film I've ever seen. Its an understatement that the animators who worked on this hated it. I can't believe WB axed the idea of it being a Pg13 fantasy and butcher it into a Disney wannabe film.
Any animated movie that tries too hard to copy Disney and Pixar(e.g The Swan Princess, mockbuster animated films, post all Dogs go to heaven films from Don Bluth, Antz, etc).
Lion King- I'm going to call it. I hated this movie. I never understood why it gets all the praise. Its just an obvious rip-off of Kimba The White Lion. Let alone that the Tezuka family tired to sue Disney for ripping them off. Plus I'm sick of seeing fan-made OCs of this movie on dA.
Anything from Uwe Boll deserves to be labeled as worst.
Amazing Spiderman and Transformers instantly come to mind.
Amazing Spiderman is anything but amazing. It's a shallow film. There's far too much stupidity for me to even complain about.

Transformers....love the CGI but hate everything else.
(12-29-2013, 12:50 PM)CLXcool Wrote: You want worst? I got a list for you right here. Even reasons.

The Room- I couldn't finish watching it, I can't believe my brother talked me into seeing it.
Speed-Racer-the live-action film, I'm not even a fan of the original cartoon and I thought it sucked.
Alvin and the chipmunks- the live-action hybrids, I can't believe people are dumb enough to watch this crap. If I want a chipmunks movie, I'd watch The Chipmunk Adventure, which is a much better movie for the kids and adults.
The Smurfs- Like the chipmunks, I can't believe people saw this. They should have spend their dough on seeing Winnie the Pooh(a much better film that deserved the cash) than this blue shitfest.
Quest For Camelot- Worst animated film I've ever seen. Its an understatement that the animators who worked on this hated it. I can't believe WB axed the idea of it being a Pg13 fantasy and butcher it into a Disney wannabe film.
Any animated movie that tries too hard to copy Disney and Pixar(e.g The Swan Princess, mockbuster animated films, post all Dogs go to heaven films from Don Bluth, Antz, etc).
Lion King- I'm going to call it. I hated this movie. I never understood why it gets all the praise. Its just an obvious rip-off of Kimba The White Lion. Let alone that the Tezuka family tired to sue Disney for ripping them off. Plus I'm sick of seeing fan-made OCs of this movie on dA.
Anything from Uwe Boll deserves to be labeled as worst.

To be fair Antz wasn't a Pixar ripoff. It was actually made by people who were turned away or fired from Disney who knew about the project and wanted to give it competition as a response for getting fired/rejected by Disney. Also, the Lion King is more of a Hamlet rip-off that ended up having relations to Kimba simply based on influence from it. It still isn't that great but I thought I'd clear that up. Finally, I'd say there are worst films than Quest for Camelot. Snow Queen, A Christmas Tree and The Legend of the Titanic are just a few I can think of that are a lot worse.
______ Movie: Be it Scary Movie, Date Movie, or the deservingly named Disaster Movie, all of these movies are just plan bad. I lie them when I was going though my teenage humor phase, but not they are just painful to see. This also goes for any movie related to these movies.

Paranormal Activity (ALL OF THEM): This would be a dull film if it was filmed like it was a real person would do it. There is no way to be scared from this movie as it shows you how it's going to scare you. HINT: if the film speeds up and than slows down, you will be scared. As for the second movie:

While I'm at it......

Films that are made up to make it look real BASED ON A REAL STORY: No you are not. Those that are were only pieced together so they can use the title. It's like saying the Legend of Zelda was based on the adventures of King Aurthur becuse Link has a magic sword.

Snow White: This is the worse Disney movie. I'll give it that it was the first rotoscope movie. I'll give that they look really good. What I won't give them is a basic plot and being boring all over. We should know that being pretty and Revolutionary does not get you far. Give me Mulan or Tarzan if you want Pretty and interesting to watch.

Casablanca and most movies old people call art: They are really boring. Maybe I just don't have the attention span to watch something like that. metropolis Is still pretty good though.
I generally hate most modern comedies. It's mostly due to my not seeing anything funny about pain or awkward sexual encounters.
Prime example: 'There's Something About Mary". I had never seen any portion of that film until I took a class in college about American Film History. (Which was an awesome experience, BTW. And even though it was focused on American film, we did watch a lot of foreign film to understand it's influence on some key American films). Anyways, we watched it as an example of the popularity gross out comedy gained in the 90s. And from the very start, I was in horror/shock. The whole zipper thing? Everyone in the class was laughing, while I was sitting there, imagining how painful that would be, how difficult it would be for the poor doctors working on him later, etc etc. I find no humor in such films. I find it disgusting and hate them.

Edit: Had to add this. Zoolander. That freak gasoline fight incident was sad for me. I find no humor in death, no matter how ridiculously stupid, and I hate comedy that used death as a gag. I hate films like that. Maybe I'm too literal or something.
(12-29-2013, 09:50 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I generally hate most modern comedies. It's mostly due to my not seeing anything funny about pain or awkward sexual encounters.
Prime example: 'There's Something About Mary". I had never seen any portion of that film until I took a class in college about American Film History. (Which was an awesome experience, BTW. And even though it was focused on American film, we did watch a lot of foreign film to understand it's influence on some key American films). Anyways, we watched it as an example of the popularity gross out comedy gained in the 90s. And from the very start, I was in horror/shock. The whole zipper thing? Everyone in the class was laughing, while I was sitting there, imagining how painful that would be, how difficult it would be for the poor doctors working on him later, etc etc. I find no humor in such films. I find it disgusting and hate them.

Edit: Had to add this. Zoolander. That freak gasoline fight incident was sad for me. I find no humor in death, no matter how ridiculously stupid, and I hate comedy that used death as a gag. I hate films like that. Maybe I'm too literal or something.

No I'm pretty much with you on that one. I hate comedies of today. There are some from other countries that are okay sometimes, but those are so few and far between that it's hardly worth mention.
(12-29-2013, 10:10 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(12-29-2013, 09:50 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I generally hate most modern comedies. It's mostly due to my not seeing anything funny about pain or awkward sexual encounters.

No I'm pretty much with you on that one. I hate comedies of today. There are some from other countries that are okay sometimes, but those are so few and far between that it's hardly worth mention.

When did comedies stop having wit and jokes, and start thinking dicks, Shit, cursing, and references were funny. We need more Airplane and less We're the Millers.
(12-29-2013, 10:32 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(12-29-2013, 10:10 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:

When did comedies stop having wit and jokes, and start thinking dicks, Shit, cursing, and references were funny. We need more Airplane and less We're the Millers.

Agreed. Comedies used to mean something and were smart, not just appealing to the lowest common denominator, and continuing to lower that denominator to make cheaper films with higher profits.
(12-29-2013, 09:50 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Edit: Had to add this. Zoolander. That freak gasoline fight incident was sad for me. I find no humor in death, no matter how ridiculously stupid, and I hate comedy that used death as a gag. I hate films like that. Maybe I'm too literal or something.

All because Zoolander had ONE SCENE about death, doesn't mean the entire movie is shit. I get what you mean, jokes like that go way over the line, but the movie is actually very funny, and pretty decent.

On topic though, anyone ever watch the Farily Odd Parents film?

I watched it for ten seconds before I turned it off.
(12-30-2013, 12:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(12-29-2013, 09:50 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Edit: Had to add this. Zoolander. That freak gasoline fight incident was sad for me. I find no humor in death, no matter how ridiculously stupid, and I hate comedy that used death as a gag. I hate films like that. Maybe I'm too literal or something.

All because Zoolander had ONE SCENE about death, doesn't mean the entire movie is shit. I get what you mean, jokes like that go way over the line, but the movie is actually very funny, and pretty decent.

Yeah that one was pretty horrible. It's too bad considering the show is pretty good.
There are far too many to list, but Napoleon Dynamite is high up on the list.
Followed by The Notebook...
(12-30-2013, 12:22 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:

I can't say I hate film because like you, I turned it off pretty quickly. I'd say it's mind blowing more than anything.
Can I just admit that I don't like the Hangover movies? Even the title tells what kind of movie it's going to be, and it is one hell of a dumb series. You can only make the same characters do the same things so many times before it just gets old.