Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Glitch Thread!
Something loads wrong? Found a glitch? Post it here!
For me, this happened when I attempted to play Paper Mario on the N64 yesterday.
[Image: PaperMarioMystery_zps3b55f776.jpg?t=1388749760]

I think it actually was trying to load one of my save files directly at start up, but I have no idea why.
I dont actually have a picture of this but when playing saints row iv i went on the map and instead of giving me the actual map it just said THIS IS A TEST and froze up my ps3.
Play any Assassin's Creed game on PS3 (may also happen on Xbox, but I found mine on PS3). Assassin's Creed games are really glitchy, but (most of the time) never make it so it's unwinnable. My favorite one is in AC:B, where I was swimming under a bridge and found a horse suck in the foundation.

inFAMOUS is also glitchy, and on a handful of times I've found myself falling though the world for no reason.
(01-03-2014, 10:04 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Play any Assassin's Creed game on PS3 (may also happen on Xbox, but I found mine on PS3). Assassin's Creed games are really glitchy, but (most of the time) never make it so it's unwinnable. My favorite one is in AC:B, where I was swimming under a bridge and found a horse suck in the foundation.

inFAMOUS is also glitchy, and on a handful of times I've found myself falling though the world for no reason.

Skyrim is also pretty glitchy. One time I was playing and I went into Whiterun, and this guard just got cloned 8 times... There were 9 of him. And theres those times it always freezes, sometimes permanently.
[Image: 6hR42ER.jpg]
This happened while I was playing Skyrim awhile back

[Image: ygXbc1m.jpg]

Back when MW2 came out there was a glitch in multiplayer where if you had a rocket launcher and died you would just explode and kill anyone around you. It was so much fun getting a full team of 6 and just nuking the other team.
^

Speaking of MW2

The Care Package Glitch was probably the funniest thing I ever experienced in an online shooter.

Seriously, you would get an Emergency Airdrop, double tap right on the d-pad and climb over a ledge and then you'd get another one.

It'd be hectic to constantly do that, get around 10 emergencies (40 care packages) and throw them all in the middle of the map.
DK 64: There's a level where you have to rescue one of the Kongs (I think Diddy) by melting some ice so you can swim to him. Somehow I fell through a wall and under the ice, meaning I had to restart the game.

Rayman 2 for the PS2: On a certain area, when nearing the exit, a cutscene takes over and the game has Rayman walk out the rest of the way for you. I guess the game didn't like the angle I was using to approach it because Rayman walked straight into a wall and tried to keep going. Had to reset the game.

Pokemon Red: Soooo many. If you screw around with the teleport glitch that results in a random battle in an area you shouldn't be encountering Pokemon you can make weird stuff happen. Trainers will not battle or talk to you, but they'll turn your way if you press the A button. Snorlax will vanish, but will still be registered as there, so playing your Pokeflute will still cause a battle. I also disabled gravity on Cycling Road. Oh, and Pikachu evolved into a Raichu without a stone once.

Rayman Origins for the 360: Once the save icon wouldn't go away until I died. During the Murray battle, if you died and the fight started over, sometimes you'd just instantly die. Also, I consider the whole mess with trying to beat the Pirate Tricky Treasure chase to be a glitch since all you can do is hope the screen won't kill you.

Rayman Legends: Is saying the script didn't load right to say? On Hard Rock Castle the music and wall of death didn't want to kick in. I had to run back to the start of the level before the game realized it needed to start everything.
This just happened in DayZ. I went to a building and got stuck in between rooms in a room that apparently did not exists. I shouted at a guy I saw outside but he didn't see me, could just hear my voice. A little later the game glitched so there was actually a huge building on top of the one I was stuck in with a ladder in the middle of it floating in the air and after climbing that up I just appeared on top of a building. The sad part was that when I finally did get out, I died of blood loss.

[Image: 45B81570BED4E11D9BBDA281F49417B417AC6D19]

[Image: 2B19F5A93F79C2A5D8805A73EE1B52BBE2B5AF2E]
[Image: 6DD88BF6282F701942B8D1D8F812176611965A3A] More of a mod conflict but I digress.
The securitron ones are a glitch though.
What happened was, I shot the special fatman into the securitron gate at the strip, loaded my game really quickly and they retained the damage for the reason.
(01-03-2014, 06:51 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Something loads wrong? Found a glitch? Post it here!
For me, this happened when I attempted to play Paper Mario on the N64 yesterday.
[Image: PaperMarioMystery_zps3b55f776.jpg?t=1388749760]

I think it actually was trying to load one of my save files directly at start up, but I have no idea why.

Funnily enough it's probably to do with the console than he actual game. The game is is trying to load a word that's outside of it's maximum byte size so it doesn't load correctly as it can't display the whole word.
For example:
It the character limit is 4 and it's trying to load the name Mario, it'll crash trying to load the full name.

What's also interesting is that Paper Mario is one of the only games to have a debug screen like this that the developers used. You can find pictures and forum posts of people experiencing the same problem (Store is also has the same function as fetch(in your case load))
This one let's player had it happen during a recording.

That being said, I'm not 100% on MIPS programming but eh. Some...DYKG trivia there.

How to win at Street Fighter x Tekken
[Image: mega-man-glitch-sfxt-o.gif]
Peace out bitches!