Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Legend of Zelda
Where's my fellow LoZ fans? What's your favroite game/character/dungeon/anything else? What's a fun story/memory of the series?

When I was way little, I used to play The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II with my grandpa. The first one came out when I was almost 2, and it was a few days before my 3rd birthday when The Adventure of Link came out. So, i've been at it while now :) I just have a lot of fun memories sitting on the floor (back in my day, the controller cords wouldn't reach the couch) playing with him, and when my little brother got old enough, him too.
That's my story!

My favorite game would be Ocarina of Time, with A Link to the Past in a close second. I always thought Sheik and Impa were great characters. I can't think of a favorite dungeon off the top of my head, but my favorite song is the Song of Storms.

Feel free to talk about anything Zelda related, not just what I said!!
Ocarina of Time is goatlike. But there's so many other games that're just as good or have improvements over OoT. I love the story and premise around Majoras Mask. One of the best side stories around the Zelda series which I felt exercised the creativity of the developers that felt new but not too alien.
Earliest memories are of the NES/SNES/GameBoy days. But I didn't really understand the Zelda series until Ocarina of Time. Pretty much love 'em all. Wind Waker, Oracles, Twilight Princess, Links Awakening etc.

I have to say though, Skyward Sword is easily one of the weakest entries. The story and characters (Just....let's not talk about how irritating Fi is) had more emotion to them but the gameplay either lacked (meh exploration) or had the annoying motion control BS.

Wand of Gamelon is my favourite though. Oh man Dodongos in my pants, yo!
I liked Majora's Mask, but I think I would have liked it even more if I didn't feel rushed. I don't like being timed. But it was necessary for the storyline, so I let it slide.

Skyward Sword.. oh, Fi. Tries so hard, but annoys so much. It was hard for me to get into it because I HATE the Wii controls so much. They're never quite right. I always have to re-calibrate or whatever. So I just watch the walkthrough and call it a day haha.
My favorite game is easily Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Favorite character is between Toon Link and Beedle
My favorite place in the game is Windfall Island
I wouldn't mind seeing a Zelda game which revisits either Termina, Holodrum or Labrynna.

It'd even be great to see Veran, Onox or Majora return as the main villain in some form.
Favorite one is Link to the Past. Favorite character is the moblin who gives you rupees in the first game... i like that guy, maaaan. Villain? I like Aghanim as a character design, because I got my first glimpses of him in the Nintendo Power Zelda Manga's.

My only memory I can really associate with Zelda was trying to play the first one in 1987 at a babysitters and knowing I overwrote their 16 heart save on accident. Woopsy. Just put in a different game and acted like it never happened.

That and watching the cartoon on Friday afternoons, when it would replace the Mario Bros Show. I like it no matter how maligned it is by the general consensus. When I played Zelda II, my imagination was powered by that cartoon.

I guess it was karma when my little cousin and his friend saved over my Phantasy Star Online characters after i deliberately told them to use any of the other VMU's except the one with the string on it. Shouldda just taken it with me. smh It was years after the servers had been turned off, so getting any of that back was never gonna happen.
My favorite game is Ocarina of Time, but I love all that I've played. My favorite character is Link. He is how I want to be. Saving the princess, defeating the bad guy, and being courageous. My dungeon of favor would be the Forest Temple.

I remember, when I was a kid, waking up before everyone else and using my ninja skills to sneak to the living room. We weren't allowed to have tvs in our room. I'd make my way to the kitchen, get a Yoo-hoo, a bag of chips, and set out for Hyrule.
My top 3 would be OoT and a tie between LttP and the original

My favorite Zelda memories will alway be playing the original in the mid to late 80's with all of the current at the time Dio tapes playing in the background. Every time I hear a Dio song from one of his first 4 albums I can' help but think of the original Zelda.
I like LoZ and all, but I prefer to not play it and just read the lore and listen to the music. I find it to be more enjoyable that way.
First LoZ I played was Link's Awakening DX on my Gameboy Colour when I was... 8 or 9 ?
Never looked back since.

I've never played the ones before LA:DX, the N64 (or rather, I've now begun playing OoT) or GC games. Something to do for retirement I suppose !
(03-19-2013, 06:38 AM)DarkShire Wrote: My top 3 would be OoT and a tie between LttP and the original

My favorite Zelda memories will alway be playing the original in the mid to late 80's with all of the current at the time Dio tapes playing in the background. Every time I hear a Dio song from one of his first 4 albums I can' help but think of the original Zelda.

Dio tapes and Doom go better. Ah my XD
My top 3 are the only Zelda games I enjoyed.
OoT
WW
aLttP
I had no idea what he was talking about half the time but I watched it anyway. So should you.
My favorite is Majora's Mask. Out of the norm, but brought so much back in tying characters from OoT and the rest of the series before it. I started understanding what it was about when I got A Link to the Past.
My first memory of it was probably Zelda II - my dad was so into that game. I think I (I blamed my brother) tried to copy his save file, but copied a blank one onto his. He almost had the game beat. After that, he quit playing video games regularly.
I've been playing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages lately, on top of WW which I got for free recently.

I'm really liking Ages so far.