Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Strange happening in the land
Just honestly, there isn't all too much to this. I just wanted to post how I got today off because the school district declared today a snow day when the closest thing to snow was maybe 2+ miles north of the district, and I wasn't sure where to put it.

So, anything weird happening that's out of your control?
Ummm... A few days ago at the hospital a patient was pissed she couldn't smoke on hospital grounds, so she walked to the nearest gas station in her hospital gown to do so before coming back. I think that kind of strange.
(01-24-2014, 08:37 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Just honestly, there isn't all too much to this. I just wanted to post how I got today off because the school district declared today a snow day when the closest thing to snow was maybe 2+ miles north of the district, and I wasn't sure where to put it.

Oh, that snow is nothing. I havent been to school in like 2 weeks (entering day 11) because of it barely snowing. We've had maybe 1 inch of snow, and the super intendent thinks that's too much.
(01-25-2014, 09:25 PM)ThisGuyInTheSuit Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 08:37 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Just honestly, there isn't all too much to this. I just wanted to post how I got today off because the school district declared today a snow day when the closest thing to snow was maybe 2+ miles north of the district, and I wasn't sure where to put it.

Oh, that snow is nothing. I havent been to school in like 2 weeks (entering day 11) because of it barely snowing. We've had maybe 1 inch of snow, and the super intendent thinks that's too much.

That's what I am saying. There literally was no snow in my area.
(01-25-2014, 09:33 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

You guys are lucky. It was snowing before because the east is getting that snow storm I think, and I can probably still go to school anyway.
Only if it was sunday night...

I miss when snow stoped me from going to school. The most I get around here is about 1-2 Centimeters if it sticks at all.
(01-25-2014, 09:33 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

We don't even know the concept of a "snow day" here. It can be three feet of snow and -30C outside but we still would have to go to school.
Growing up a real country boy, I still remember having school on a delay because so many angry cattle had broken lose from the farm next door and overran the school yard. Nobody could get inside the building until they were all rounded up.
Generally speaking though, kids around here get snow and flood days off every year.
London, basically shuts down when there is snow.

So, we usually get time off school, but it hasn't snowed yet.
Living in a country the temperature of which is governed by the winds.
Friday morning - North wind, -32C (-25.6F) Look like a ninja
Saturday morning - Southerly wind, -5C (23F) No need to wear hat/scarf/gloves !
Sunday morning - North wind, -31C (-23.8F) Back to the ninja look...

Here is like where Mass Distraction lives. Snow storm ? LOL excuse me whilst nothing changes. All services still running, schools open, roads open, number of fucks given; -32.
It's all a question of infrastructure -- Countries where cold and snow is 100% guaranteed can justify preventative and reactive outlay (more salt for the sidewalks, more snow ploughs, year-long snow-tires for cars). It would be ridiculous to spend so much in the UK or other mild countries and therefore the best thing to do is just shut things down and hope the snow goes away.

Now excuse me as I put my scarf up to my nose and my fur hat down to my eyebrows. *sexy*
I've had like 8 snow days and in top of that i have not been to school for like a week already dont know why..

300th Post
No snow. Why? I like snow :(
There's a bunker that burned out in which the fire department found a woman, gagged and with her wrists taped. Preliminary police reports suggested suicide.
The state is supposed to shut down tomorrow and Wednesday because of freezing weather, icy roads, and possible snow. Really, it's the smartest thing to do because none of us are trained to drive in this sort of weather.

I'm just ready for it to be hot again. Cold weather makes my skin dry and scalp act up. I walk around looking like an animal shedding it's outer layer.

SNOWPOCALYPSE 2014

[Image: 971792_10202243312257830_1703137404_n.jpg]

Yes, those are actual teeny tiny snow flakes on my hoodie sleeve.
Yes, they are cause for excitement down here.
(these are from last week)
(01-27-2014, 08:01 AM)Wastelander Wrote: There's a bunker that burned out in which the fire department found a woman, gagged and with her wrists taped. Preliminary police reports suggested suicide.

"She's gagged and has her wrists tied."
"Yep, classic suicide."
"But..."
"SUICIDE."
*cue justice soundin' theme tune*

(01-27-2014, 09:40 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote:
SNOWPOCALYPSE 2014

[Image: 971792_10202243312257830_1703137404_n.jpg]

Yes, those are actual teeny tiny snow flakes on my hoodie sleeve.
Yes, they are cause for excitement down here.
(these are from last week)

Really hope you can make it through this. It'll be hard, but just look forward to the time when that snowflake will melt.
*thank and favourite for 200 prays for Cuccos, ignore if u love satan*