Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What voices do you hear when your playing a video game
In some video games. There's always that time where the characters just speak in speech boxes(like in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga). But to keep the fun of the game alive, some people use their imagination to 'hear' the characters speak by having them have a voice. For the record. This is just for video games that have speech boxes as well as characters who just speak in gibberish like language(like Banjo Kazooie). Name the character from a game, who you imagine voicing him, and what type of voice the said voice actor/actress is giving the character.

Whenever I play Superstar Saga. I've always imagined Popple being voiced by Rob Paulsen, doing a mobster styled voice since popple is a bandit and he would have sounded like he was from an urban area. Seeing that Booster from Super Mario RPG had a bit of a similarity to Wario. I've pictured Booster sounding a little similar like Wario. Although voiced by Jim Cummings.
Surprisingly, I don't do that. I get immersed too deeply to really think about it and just read on.
(02-01-2014, 02:57 PM)Wastelander Wrote: Surprisingly, I don't do that. I get immersed too deeply to really think about it and just read on.
Sounds like your imagination doesn't get out much.
When I stop to think about it, I do think about how these people would sound. Like Caith Sith & Barret in Final Fantasy VII.

Also, my imagination doesn't need more work-out than it already does :lol: You wouldn't believe how many times I hear "Geez, do you have an active imagination ..." Cuz I tend to make up these bizarre scenario's for jokes. xD
I pictured Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy 7) sounding like Mr. T.
(02-01-2014, 03:28 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I pictured Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy 7) sounding like Mr. T.

^ Seconded. But, to be honest, I think they based Barret on Mr. T xD
True.

I think I also pictured Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Legend of Zelda: the Windwaker) sounding like either Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones. Two VERY different people, but I played his voice through my head more than once to see what it sounded like. I've played through the game more than once, too, of course.
I still pronounce names incorrectly if I heard them in my head for the first time.

Such as, in Phoenix Wright. When I see Maya. I hear May-ah in my head, instead of Miah, like it should be.

I do this all the time, and I don't care.
(02-01-2014, 06:50 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I still pronounce names incorrectly if I heard them in my head for the first time.

Such as, in Phoenix Wright. When I see Maya. I hear May-ah in my head, instead of Miah, like it should be.

I've always been able to pronounce Maya corectly thanks to the Power Rangers, but I have the same problems with other names. Example- Tobias. To this day, I want to pronounce it Tu-be-as insed of Toe-by-us
Americans have an uncanny tendency to pronounce Lara wrong and it makes me want to strangle them <3
Lora. Looooooora. Nope, we can't do it.
(02-01-2014, 07:16 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(02-01-2014, 06:50 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I still pronounce names incorrectly if I heard them in my head for the first time.

I've always been able to pronounce Maya corectly thanks to the Power Rangers, but I have the same problems with other names. Example- Tobias. To this day, I want to pronounce it Tu-be-as insed of Toe-by-us

Thanks to this scene, I always pronounce it correctly, and hear his exact voice when ever I see Tobias.
(02-01-2014, 02:57 PM)Wastelander Wrote: Surprisingly, I don't do that. I get immersed too deeply to really think about it and just read on.

I second that, though I sometimes voice act characters with retarded voices just for the fun of it. Sometimes I do that even if they already have a voice.

Anyway, I only read something in a specific voice if there already is a voice for the character through cutscenes or animated features.
I hear the screams of enemies when I kill them. . .
^ That doesn't explain much though.