Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New 3DS Discussion
I think by now almost everyone has seen this:
[Image: 3dsll_photo.png]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiSvajBL46k
The newest model of Nintendo's 3DS System has better RAM, better 3D Effects, a friggin' C-Stick and faster internet and is releasing in Japan later this year while everywhere else will have to wait until 2015.

I wanna know everyone's opinions on this device, are you planning on getting it? Or do you hate the idea of paying more for an improved version of a system you already have.

My Opinion? Since my 3DS is on the brink of death (It even stopped charging) I might wait for the NEW 3DS insted of buying an XL. That of course depends on how soon its coming to the US.
Unless some really must have games are released exclusively for the new system I don't feel the need to get it. I at least hope they let the Circle Pad Pro work on games using this new layout, since I happen to have that.

If, however, there is some super good reason for me to get this, I'm getting the XL version, preferable that blue they keep showing. I doubt there will, though.
Hmmm I sure hope there won't be any games that will not be playable on a 3DS (due to "better 3D" and whatnot)... I'll be annoyed if they're already evolving to a newer system with better specs. They'll be like Apple, who release and iPhone 78, before releasing the iPhone 79 20 seconds later and putting loads of cool stuff that won't work for the iPhone 78. Bah.
Still, this is Nintendo and I assume they won't do such a thing.

I won't be getting it, given that I only just got a 3DS :)
Dammit, i bought the 3DS just so i can keep up with current gen -_-

[ too overwhelmed to put any gif to express what i'm feeling right now]
Yes, there are New 3DS exclusive games that utilize the system's double RAM.
(08-29-2014, 02:45 PM)Berry Wrote: Dammit, i bought the 3DS just so i can keep up with current gen -_-

[ too overwhelmed to put any gif to express what i'm feeling right now]

Oh my... Berry! I've never met you before, but I've done alot of research on the VGFacts Forums. One of the originals. Such a pleasure to meet you!
And to think, if I knew of this a month ago, I wouldn't have a 3DS XL.
The Xenoblade 3DS port is exclusive to the new system. That said, I kind of want it myself.
It's alright, I like the coloured buttons and stuff, but I feel as if they should've added a new stick instead of a "camera recenter button" or whatever it is.
They should sell it in a pack with SSB3DS right off the bat! But nope, it's for later.

Finally, welcome ZL & ZR.
It looks interesting, that's for sure. Tiniest C stick I've ever seen, but I do indeed welcome the Zl and ZR, but I'm not getting one. Too much money when I already have a 3DS.
About time they increased the specs of the machine. Playing doubles in Pokemon is terrible. 3DS is a great system but I've incredibly disappointing by how limited the hardware is. Anti-alisaing, frame rate etc. Just terrible.
This...I'm buying for sure. How the additional shoulder buttons will work though, I dunno.
If future games are going to use these new features, then won't that separate the market?
*Only works for New3DS

That being said, it needs to be region free.
Come to think of it, how is this going to be abbreviated? NN3DS?

(08-30-2014, 08:38 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: That being said, it needs to be region free.

This. Nintendo needs to pull their heads out of the 80s and welcome the modern world.
(08-30-2014, 10:43 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Come to think of it, how is this going to be abbreviated? NN3DS?

Nintendo 3DS 2.0
I don't know.
(08-30-2014, 12:56 PM)Carlos Wrote:
(08-30-2014, 10:43 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Come to think of it, how is this going to be abbreviated? NN3DS?

Nintendo 3DS 2.0
I don't know.

I honestly think it's just gonna be called new3DS or N3DS. Unless the name changes once it gets translated to English which would be weird considering it's name already is in English.