Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Obscure title you are in love with.
good way to introduce people to need things.

I for one adore the Drakengard/Nier series. The humor and the attitude hits all the sweet spots.[Image: biggrin.png]

I also like El Shaddai: Ascend to Metatron. Its no Bayonetta, but its still really good.[Image: thumbsup.png]

And Devil Kings, because no one knows that's what Sengoku Basara is based off of.[Image: tongue.png]
I'm sure we've done this before, but who cares since it's most likly buried by now.

Under the Skin: It's a unique little game. It's made by Capcom and is never talked about by anyone. You would think you would remimber the game where you fight Resident Evil 3's Nemesis with a bowling ball. It's not something you would play over and over, but it's something that would be cool to play with friends.

P.N.03: Another Capcom game that is over looked by both Capcom and the fans.

Whacked!: Another overlooked party game. This is a weird one, but really fun. It's the last game made by Presto Studios (who made Myst) so it's at lest a look at.

Tron 2.0: You would not believe how many people have forgoten that there was a sequel to Tron before Tron Legasy. The X-box/PC version looks like it's trying to be Halo and a good number a charicters are anoying, but it's still worth a play just for the story and unique play style. The GBA game is not as good and may be the worse of the two, but I would still give it a shot.

Now to end this list, enjoy the title screen music from my favorite RPG:

Does Jeanne D'arc count?
Operation: Winback for he Ps2. That game was gold. And it has one of the best bot mode I've ever played back in 2003.

Bomberman Kart. I had fun with that game too. Sadly not many people know about that game. It's a really decent party racing game.
Surprisingly, the Xbox 360 has a lot of Japanese exclusive that'll easily put those fanboy lists to shame. In particular the Shoot 'em Up, Idol games and Visual Novels(like Phoenix Wright). I download them from the Japanese marketplace and they're actually pretty good.
Steins Gate
[Image: 41011.jpg]
and Robotics Notes
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpTox7HMpEozFX4rMS-g4...7DOUaBILCk] are two good games.

I'm honestly surprised by how much Japan has over us on Xbox. They even have Monster Hunter G Frontier (with 2500 Gamerscore) and No More Heroes. The heck?

Other obscure games...eh, Bullet Hell Shooters.
NieR is one of the best game of the 360/PS3.
Hyperdimension Neptunia.
All of my friends associate the series with my works, and to an extent, I think I may have attracted some popularity to the series with just one video.
I actually have a copy of Okage, but I could never get it to work. My aunt gave it to me a good few years ago, but it would always crash when you first meet the ghost guy.
(10-10-2014, 03:59 PM)pAroxizm Wrote: NieR is one of the best game of the 360/PS3.

Related/Unrelated.
I saw someone with the licence plate: 

N3IR GG
Neir Good Game.

Was you that you? Was really tempted to take a picture.
(10-12-2014, 04:23 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I actually have a copy of Okage, but I could never get it to work. My aunt gave it to me a good few years ago, but it would always crash when you first meet the ghost guy.

Mine did that resonantly (it would always freeze when you came out of your room), but after I got it cleaned (scratch remover and over all disc repair) it ran just fine, long load times that early PS2 games had aside. This is why we need a remake, just so they can iron out the bugs.
I usually love 'cartoony' looking games that are usually not noticeable by the public. Such as the following. Whacked was already mentioned, so I'll mention the games I love that are both obscure and cartoony.

Freaky Flyers- Its a fun racing game that takes a few pointers from Wacky Races but at the same time it has its own thing in terms of character design and gameplay(along with stories for the different racers)

Cel-Damage- I dont know if this would be considered as 'obscure' since it got an HD remake sometime this year. But I do enjoy playing this game whenever I'm at my friend's place. Its a shame that EA had to pull the plug on the sequel. Maybe they'll consider doing it since people seem to enjoy the HD remake of the game? Not holding my breathe on the matter.

Blinx- If Microsoft approved more games like this one. I wouldn't dislike them so much for their poor actions. Blinx stood out from most of the other games for the first xbox. Its creative. Fun, and a real challenge. Not to mention that you have a time traveling cat as the main character. 

The Neverhood and Skullmonkeys- Even though I haven't played these two games(considering the fact that they cost a fortune online and the fact that they never saw the light of day again after they were released). The Neverhood and Skullmonkeys did something games were not willing to do at the time. Do a game completely out of claymation/stop-motion graphics. The fact that Doug tennapel managed to do that is incredible. Character designs are great, it looks like a good challenger for an adventure game, and both games have great soundtracks. While the sequel is a platformer, its a good game too. According to Doug, he stated that EA is currently holding the rights to the neverhood(and its sequel). So I'm hoping that Armikrog does well enough so EA could approach Doug to do a new Neverhood game in the veins of the first one. 
Unfortunately The Wonderful 101 is obscure. That game needs more love and attention. It's actually the biggest title Platinum Games ever worked on.
(10-13-2014, 02:09 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Unfortunately The Wonderful 101 is obscure. That game needs more love and attention. It's actually the biggest title Platinum Games ever worked on.

I totally agree. Platinum has don't Amazing games. Its a shame they aren't as popular as they should be.
Tail Concerto.
(10-12-2014, 04:26 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 03:59 PM)pAroxizm Wrote: NieR is one of the best game of the 360/PS3.

Related/Unrelated.
I saw someone with the licence plate: 

N3IR GG
Neir Good Game.

Was you that you? Was really tempted to take a picture.
Nope sorry.