Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
You have the technical know-how, what would you make as a mod to a game?
I've got a few ideas myself, just casually messing with Skyrim with things I'll never use because I enjoy modding, but I don't know how to make mods.

I'm using Skyrim as an example here, but feel free to make it about anything.

I'd love to have a body mod that uses nodes that are consistent across armors, so you don't have to adjust new armors you've installed if you are using a custom and/or different body from the mod creator. It would allow for a lot more freedom in that regard, and simplify things significantly for the end user.

Following that, I'd love to add in armors representing Sylvanas, Dark Magician (and Dark Magician Girl), Kerrigan (infested and not), various Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, various WoW characters, maybe some Valkyria Chronicles, some of the Final Fantasy games, etc.

Imagine how cool it'd be, having a Skyrim party of Dark Magician, Celtic Guardian, and Dark Magician Girl fighting Blue-Eyes White Dragons.

Or having a dlc map where there's a zerg infestation.
I like off-the-wall kind of ideas.  I was playing Omerta: City of Gangsters the other day and thought of a couple interesting mod ideas.  In case you don't know, Omerta is a tactical Mafioso game, basically.

Omerta Mod Idea 1: Modern Mafioso Business Simulator
Imagine you take the prohibition era out of it and upgrade everything to modern day type stuff?  Instead of the brewery and speakeasy you'd have the meth lab and the crackhouse.  I just think it would a funny mod to go along with the nifty gameplay that would mesh well.

Omerta Mod Idea #2: Omerta 2: Yakuza Blues!
This could work as a simple mod, but it would be kind of a neat actual sequel game to the original game.  Have the mod/sequel set in the Edo period with you playing as a growing Yakuza family.  Replace the breweries and speakeasies with sake brewers and gambling halls.  Replace the Soup Kitchen with a Buddhist Monastery and the Labor Union with a Merchant Guild (za).
The baseball bat could be replaced with a kanabo (the big bracketed clubs), the sniper rifle could be replaced with a bow and arrow, the shotgun could be replaced with an arquebuse (matchlock musket).  Still don't really have a good idea for the dual revolvers and tommy gun, yet for replacements.  Maybe replace the revolver, which have a two-shot attack with shuriken (one in each hand) and the tommy gun with a handful of senbon ('ninja throwing needles') and just have them comically hurl the needles in a group.

Another mod thought I had was for Crusader Kings 2.  It would be awesome to have a legit samurai themed thing for it (you expect this kind of idea because of the username by now, yes?).  We got Sengoku, but it's kind of like Crusader Kings: Lite.  I think it would be awesome to have Korea, China, Thailand, etc. playable on the map; even have it set in the Sengoku period.  The Europeans have bases in the Philippines and the like.  You could split Japan up into sections: Kyushu, Shikoku, Choshu (Western Honshu), Hokuriko (North Honshu), Kinai (Around Kyoto), Kanto (Eastern Honshu), and Oshuu (Northern Honshu), and maybe the northern-most island of Hokkaido as well.
Or I'd settle for just a sengoku themed Crusader Kings using Sengoku's map.  I've seen mods like this in Sengoku, but like I said...Sengoku is basically Crusader Kings: Lite and lacks a lot of the cooler features one gets used to after playing Crusader Kings II, especially with the expansion DLCs like Sword of Islam, The Old Gods, and The Republic or whatnot.

Those are my ideas off the top of my head and only two out of the three were samurai.  Go me for thinking outside the box! Haha.
I attempted to mod the survivors of L4D2 into characters from JSRF but I eventually gave up on it, whether it was complicated or not is another story since I never got far enough to really get into it, but I'm still technically trying.

If I did have the power to do mods, I'd probably try and make weapons, skins and maps for L4D2 and try and see if I could get a weapon into TF2. Specfically a God Hand for the Heavy. Something along the lines of the Phlog but less cancerous.
If I could do any mod, it would be fun to turn all the dragons in Skyrim to those from Spyro the Dragon. Lord knows there are enough variations in there that it could easily be done.
(09-27-2015, 10:18 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I attempted to mod the survivors of L4D2 into characters from JSR[...]

I just thought of an interesting one. Re-skin all of the zombies into clowns. The horror level of the game immediately doubles.

(09-28-2015, 04:08 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: If I could do any mod, it would be fun to turn all the dragons in Skyrim to those from Spyro the Dragon. Lord knows there are enough variations in there that it could easily be done.

That would actually be pretty neat, and hilarious. Imagine climbing to the top of a mountain and there sits Spyro, quietly munching on a Whiterun guard?
(09-28-2015, 05:05 AM)SamuraiGaiden Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 10:18 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I attempted to mod the survivors of L4D2 into characters from JSR[...]

I just thought of an interesting one.  Re-skin all of the zombies into clowns.  The horror level of the game immediately doubles.

Sadly, it might affect the gameplay as there are actual Clown zombies who are considered special commons who sometimes lead zombies towards you as their squeaky shoes make noise and zombies follow that specific one. If you were to mod all the zombies to look like clowns, it might hurt the gameplay a little.
A mod where you take your picture and it puts it on the main character !

Simple as. It allows you to play around with the settings, not just the derpy looking faces when games do it automatically.
I'd make DMC4 into a fighting game. Then mod in all the characters from Platinum games.

Also make Zelda an FPS