Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The emotional video game thread
We have one for the funny stuff. I figured we talk about the emotional/saddening things about video games. That made us shed a tear of happiness, or a tear of sadness. If its from a game that nobody's played. Please put spoilers. Show off what made you get a little emotional. 

So far. Two fan made comics with some nintendo characters have been made that did get me to shed a tear of happiness. This 

and this fan made comic with Brionne
Fragile Dreams for the Wii. Just that entire game. Completely WRECKED me.
The ending of Conker's Bad Fur Day is the most depressing ending to a platformer, PERIOD.
(10-28-2016, 01:59 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: The ending of Conker's Bad Fur Day is the most depressing ending to a platformer, PERIOD.

Would have been worse if they'd gone with the original idea of Conker putting a gun to his head.

I didn't get too affected by the ending because, I always thought, there would be a sequel and Conker would figure out a way to contact a programmer again to bring Berry back to life. Truly the most depressing thing is that it's unlikely we'll ever see Conker get another game like this again.
(10-28-2016, 02:05 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 01:59 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: The ending of Conker's Bad Fur Day is the most depressing ending to a platformer, PERIOD.

Would have been worse if they'd gone with the original idea of Conker putting a gun to his head.

I didn't get too affected by the ending because, I always thought, there would be a sequel and Conker would figure out a way to contact a programmer again to bring Berry back to life. Truly the most depressing thing is that it's unlikely we'll ever see Conker get another game like this again.
I think the fact that this was also one of Rare's last games with Nintendo makes it even worse too. It's like if they somehow looked into the future and decided to go out in the most bleakest way possible.
(10-28-2016, 02:08 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 02:05 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:

I think the fact that this was also one of Rare's last games with Nintendo makes it even worse too. It's like if they somehow looked into the future and decided to go out in the most bleakest way possible.

Whats even sadder about Bad fur day? It never got a sequel.
Imma leaving this here:
(10-28-2016, 03:03 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 02:08 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 02:05 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Would have been worse if they'd gone with the original idea of Conker putting a gun to his head.

Whats even sadder about Bad fur day? It never got a sequel.
I know this might sound a blasphemous, but to be honest...I think it's better off as a one and done type of story.

The reason that I say this is because when you really think about it, the whole poignancy of it all drives it home. Imagine just how horrible it would be to be in Conker's position; not only have you completely botched your one chance to revive your girlfriend, but you've also become the very reluctant ruler of a bunch of people that you don't want to be around or even like, leaving you to ponder just how different things could've turned out if you hadn't got drunk off your ass. BFD isn't truly about telling as many absurd, crude, and vulgar jokes as possible as much as it is the story of a guy who makes a really bad decision and ends up paying the ultimate price for it. A sequel, while it would definetely be nice, would kind of dampen that impact, if you get what I mean.
I have already said how the last two chapters of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is. People who played the orignal Final Fantasy VII knows that Zack dies but this game goes the extra mile.
One of the few games that made me cry.
(10-28-2016, 04:08 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I have already said how the last two chapters of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is. People who played the orignal Final Fantasy VII knows that Zack dies but this game goes the extra mile.
One of the few games that made me cry.

Aerith's death shocked me, my brother, and his friend. As bad as that was, the immediate battle with depressing music had us all in a state of sadness, anger, and disbelief while holding back tears.
There is actually a RPG (even older, at that, then FF7) that had a death that was much more shocking to me.

I'd like to point out a little game called Anachronox.  Despite the lighthearted and funny nature of some cutscenes there are actually some real emotional ones.  From how your secretary died to how you ended up running your detective agency in the storage space of a bar.
I know that you guys have played these games before but I feel more comfortable listing them in spoiler form,okay.

The end of the epilogue for Spyro: Year of the Dragon shows the main cast of the game lined up in one big group photo. While it's nice, it's also depressing knowing that not only was this the last Spyro game to be made by Insomniac, but the last great Spyro game to ever be made. The fact pretty much all of the Spyro games after this one ranged from being complete horseshit to decent at beast along with the text "Thank you for playing! We'll miss you" don't help, either.
Final Fantasy has had a lot of games where things can get emotional, but to me, the most emotional moment is when Porom and Palom, two very young mages, die while defending the rest of the party from two walls coming in to crush them. It turns out it's not a permanent death thanks to "The After Years" but seeing Tellah full of regret that he lived when two children died, it kind of gets to you.