Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Brilliant ideas or inventions
Here's a thread for people to share their brilliant ideas for things that don't exist yet. It may be anything, from a new method of locomotion to an idea for a video game to a recipe you've just thought up.
Who knows, you may find out that it already exists !

I love maps, and I would love to have a historical Google Maps that works like a regular Google Maps but has a slider for time. That way, you would be able to see what countries looked like at particular times in history, which countries merged with others, which ones seceded, etc.

For example, you would look at Prague on the map, then slide the slider back to 1636 to see what country/kindgom/etc it was part of, what it was called, etc.

It would likely be limited in some parts of the world due to lack of data, but especially for Europe and North America, we would be able to go back centuries and centuries ! Even having fuzzy borders for areas we're not sure about, or that didn't have clear cut borders (like kingdoms in ancient Egypt), would be interesting.
Why not have the toilet
?

Think about it, take your morning dump, while you wash? You can sit down, and wash your body, while you expel all you need, then when you're done, a quick spray of the ol' backside there, and you're golden.

Make sure you get the plumbing right though, you wouldn't want your morning dump to be coming out the shower hose now.
(04-18-2013, 03:03 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Why not have the toilet
?

Think about it, take your morning dump, while you wash? You can sit down, and wash your body, while you expel all you need, then when you're done, a quick spray of the ol' backside there, and you're golden.

Make sure you get the plumbing right though, you wouldn't want your morning dump to be coming out the shower hose now.

For some of us, it exist.
An Apple product....

.....that's actually good.
Oh boy, I must refrain to simple things here.

First off, a put-on eraser that stops as a square so the pencil can't roll.

I could get into my firearm design but I'd be here all week.

Most of them aren't on my DA because I think better when hand drawing and do not have a scanner.
(04-18-2013, 08:43 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: I love maps, and I would love to have a historical Google Maps that works like a regular Google Maps but has a slider for time.

Oh my god this can never happen. I would never get anything done. But for real I love this idea so much I want to have babies with it.

Uhh, my idea? Take 4G away from phones and make it the new wifi standard. All computers have a card in them and can connect to each other for free, making a truly open and free inter-connected network of computers. The way the Internet was supposed to be before ISPs--But for free. Completely open and distributed between all nodes equally.
For ANYONE that has ever worked in the health care field before, such as myself, Oxygen lines are awful. The patient needs them, but they get tangled everywhere. And, if it's a wall unit and not mobile, I have 60 feet of cord laying in a pile. So annoying. How about a retractable O2 line???
Jetpacks dinosaurs with laser canons.
(04-18-2013, 06:10 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Jetpacks dinosaurs with laser canons.

That's a horrible idea. They'd kill all of us. ALL OF US.
(04-18-2013, 05:29 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: For ANYONE that has ever worked in the health care field before, such as myself, Oxygen lines are awful. The patient needs them, but they get tangled everywhere. And, if it's a wall unit and not mobile, I have 60 feet of cord laying in a pile. So annoying. How about a retractable O2 line???

What? Like a roof mounted coil that you lock in position or tug to pull up?
There should be a way to convert guinea pig poo into an energy source. There's so dang much of it just from two of the little monsters.
(04-18-2013, 06:32 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: There should be a way to convert guinea pig poo into an energy source. There's so dang much of it just from two of the little monsters.

That's just biomass - burn the excrement to heat the water into vapour to turn the turbines and BAM -- electricity.

You're sitting on a gold mine !
(04-18-2013, 06:34 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(04-18-2013, 06:32 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: There should be a way to convert guinea pig poo into an energy source. There's so dang much of it just from two of the little monsters.

That's just biomass - burn the excrement to heat the water into vapour to turn the turbines and BAM -- electricity.

Its a cool idea, but it will smell very bad and is a shitty source of power.

Though, its still cool.
Cords that don't get tangled the instant you put them down. I have no idea how it happens but untangling them is a bitch.
(04-18-2013, 06:40 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(04-18-2013, 06:34 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:

Its a cool idea, but it will smell very bad and is a shitty source of power.

Though, its still cool.

...but it actually exists. It's called Biogas.